Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Defense Ministry Logo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I see the Irish have been voting in earnest. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I am reminded of an ill-advised BBC on-line poll to find the best song ever or some such shyte. The massed diaspora voting put "A Nation Once Again" in first place and the reason for choosing the song was "800 years, that's why". Now that's how to wind someone up. :D

I have to admit I have never seen that logo but it's evocative of a bygone age, brilliant.

What do you think of when you see it?
    I see Harp, Tara, Fianna, shield and spear at the ready. Non aggresive yet staunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Were only losing because of Portugal and there super fast broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

Maybe the extra media attention will gain us a few extra votes:
    Irish Defence logo tops in online poll

The elegant green logo for Ireland's Defense Ministry is competing in an online 'coolest logo' contest.

After leading earlier in the day, it has fallen into second place behind Portugal's dragon-topped crest.

Germany's logo is third.

Source: RTÉ - http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0810/logo.html?rss

Advertisement