Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porterhouse Inn (Bray)

Options
  • 30-07-2007 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone here would know what the Porterhouse Inn is like to stay in. We've been frequenting the Porterhouse as an eat-out venue on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon and we'd like to stay over for a night. I'm aware of the single negative review on TripAdvisor and I would be concerned with the fact that the rooms are above the bar. We wouldn't be too keen on the place if it meant a bad night's sleep. We'd only be looking at staying the one night (Saturday night in September).

So if anyone knows first-hand what it's like, I'd appreciate their opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Rooms are gorgeous and food is great. But you will absolutely not get to sleep til at least 4.30/5 am. And thats just when the main noise stops and doesnt take into account the random idiots/pissheads that will be shouting thereafter.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

great pub/night club, excellant food but if you want to stay in bray you should try some of the beautiful B&B's just off the beach and away from the noise

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

I agree, good pub with nice food but no room could ever be insulated enough to block out the drunken gob****es leaving the various establishments in the area.

Has anyone stayed in the porterhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

For really gorgeous food I can recommend the Tower Bistro in the Heather House Hotel at the seafront. Close to the Porterhouse Inn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

The Porterhouse Inn - wouldnt be a safe bet for a good nights kip althought the rooms are fairly well soundproofed and are absolutely gorgeous with funky design , swinging chairs etc!! The Esplanade a little bit further down the Strand Rd would probably be ideal because that way you are close to the 2 good bars - The Martello and The Porterhouse...and also the Tower Bistro, the restaurant that is contained in the Martello, is out of this world, and has got a wonderful manager called Donal. Very helpful. Booking is usually required there .

• Advertisement
Advertisement