Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge and Summer Work

Options
  • 30-07-2007 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Is it just me, or is it next to impossible to find a Summer Job in Newbridge?

19 y.o. school leaver (waiting on results) with 5-6 solid references behind me.
    Dropped CVs into everywhere in town that I can think of, but nothing ..

I'm not stuck for work, I have the odd days helping a plasterer or bricky, and I have a few days doing ground work at the racecourse, but trying to save fr college and car etc

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

ThatGuy wrote:
    Is it just me, or is it next to impossible to find a Summer Job in Newbridge?

19 y.o. school leaver (waiting on results) with 5-6 solid references behind me.
    Dropped CVs into everywhere in town that I can think of, but nothing ..

I'm not stuck for work, I have the odd days helping a plasterer or bricky, and I have a few days doing ground work at the racecourse, but trying to save fr college and car etc

:(

Have you tried all the shops in White Water Shopping Centre? Always signs up looking for staff when I'm in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

McDonald's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

keefg wrote:
    McDonald's??

I've higher standards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lillywhite7

The Village Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

ThatGuy wrote:
    I've higher standards ;)

Your 19 and just out of school. I'd drop them 'standards' if you want any hope of finding a job. Check out the jobs section in the Leinster Leader, its usually good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

The Village Kildare

Just applied for a job there myself.

Oh, and ThatGuy, general incompetence may be a problem...

Advertisement