Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fishnets

• 30-07-2007 3:21pm

Right - I work in a well known firm in Dublin, that has a lot of client contact.

However, I amazed at the amount of girls who go around in fishnets..
    I'm not complaining ;) - but I would have thought that they would not be 'suitable' business wear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

They've been mainstream for ages now tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

As long as they're worn under skirts of a "respectable" length, what's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Good Lord! I'll bet they wear Rouge on their cheeks aswell. Harlets, the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I would wear fishnets of various hues to work, I've never been told it wasn't 'appropriate'. I'd usually dress smartly for work as I have to meet suppliers. Tbh, I also thought they were quite mainstream.

I was just suprised that they were worn to clients...

I know that guys get in trouble if they aren't clean shaven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I was just suprised that they were worn to clients...

surely it will depend heavily on what type of company the person is working for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

and what else they wearing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Clean shaven under their fishnets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Fishnet's look better than bare legs,esp for formal wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Thanks to highstreet stores Fishnets are seen now as a fashion accessory more than specificaly sex orientated clothing and women wear them because they look good with specific outfits, and great with boots. black fishnets are very slimming for your legs. I think to get more perspective you should consider that they arent the held up by suspenders type sockings but more the extra pair of long knickers type tights and chances are if you seen them on a girl (no matter how cute) wearing just them, knickers and a bra they wouldn't be seen as sexy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It used to be you could only get fishnets and seamed stockings and tights in sex shops in this counttry and the size range was appaling, really being a size 8 1/2 foot and having muscled calfs made it damn near impossible to get stockings and tights full stop never mind fishnets.

This is still less then ideal but it is getting better.

the burlesque look has become a fashion look in it's own right and as a result fishnets are not longer sex apperal only but the pink ones are still werid :)

The pink ones are a bit ott! And I'd like to see someone try to get away with them in work!

I was just suprised that they were considered acceptable business formal wear, but I was wrong!

Advertisement