Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel/oil stain

Options
  • 30-07-2007 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

I want to get rid of an old diesel/oil mix stain on tarmac. Its a patch about one foot square. Any ideas ?

Tks n adv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,589 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have no idea whether this will work as I saw it recommended but never tried it - wet the patch then pour a thick layer of biological washing powder on it and leave it for an hour or so, then (presumably) scrub it, pressure hose might do it (I got one from Woodies for E30 - bright yellow thing, which is great for everyday pressure cleaning)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

i actually done this after trying loads of products to no avail-a bus man told me what to do -my stain was 1 metre sq-but dont wet the stain you just pour the biological washing powder on it and leave it -it takes a few days for it to completely lift the oil from the drive but it does work and you dont have to power wash either -my stain was on castle stone and they came up like new with no sign of the desiel left

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I used the bio washing powder before and it did quite well, but that was on stone.
    Anyhow, I found this today - best DIY site in the world!!!!!!

http://www.pavingexpert.com/faqmac01.htm

All bow to the genius that is Tony McCormack!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Washing Soda (Sodium Carbonate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Thanks for all the help folks I will try out the powder and I will post result.
    Tks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Ok I tried the powder and yes it does work fairly well. Did not remove completely but its not bad.
    Tks all.

Advertisement