Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self-service launderette in the city?

Options
  • 30-07-2007 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any self-service launderette around the city centre? Somewhere I can go in, chuck a few coins and some cloths in the machine and read a book while I wait?

Plenty of service-only / dry-cleaning places around, but I don't fancy paying or waiting the 24 hours (or whatever it is) for the pleasure.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's one in Fairview just as you come to the park. It's a little bit out of town though (not much).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Is the one on Georges St, near the arcade, self service?

I used to use Mr Tubs on Arran Quay, just past the Four Courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

There used to be one on the South Circular Road near Kelly's corner. There's another on the SCR at Kilmainham between Bulfin Rd and Kilmainham/Emmet Road

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

One in Phibsboro too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The Rathmines Laundrette on Rathmines Road Upper (Where I met my missus actually!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Thanks for the replies.

The washer/drier in the house actually got fixed the same day I asked the question (typical), but I'll keep these locations in mind in case it goes out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carolhyl

can anyone tell me where there is self service launderette near baldoyle/clarehall please????? thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

There is a self-service launderette on the South circular road and it has an Internet area as well.I have never used it or been inside but anytime I pass by I think what a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What's the economics of a self-service laundrette these days? I mean why go to one rather than doing your washing at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I mean why go to one rather than doing your washing at home?
    Lack of [working] washing machine at home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement