Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Pubs For Stag

Options
  • 30-07-2007 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey Everyone!

My big bro is getting married soon and we are having a stag in Cork. very excited, should be some session.

Can anyone offer advice regarding good pubs! really dont know much about Cork nightlife myself.

Would try to steer clear of "stag" or Temple Bar style places, just some good quality pubs selling good beer to normal people, with a bit of criac too. It'll be a saturday night too. Hear we should finish in the Bodega?>

Cheers.

Vinny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Hey Vinny,

You could use a site I developed to help you out here:
    http://www.ratemypub.ie

Thanks
    Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I contest the title of "Ireland's Favorite Pub Review Website". :p

Depends entirely on your groups tastes Vinny.. Some people like crowded and noisy, some prefer somewhere that's at least quiet enough to have a chat & a laugh without having to scream at the top of your voice. What you could do is start halfway up Washington street and do a pub crawl down toward the Grand Parade and then along Oliver Plunkett street. There's a hell of a lot of variation there. Anything from the utterly contemptible Reardens* to the teenager infested Brog and even down to more sensible places like An Bodhran. If you make it as far as the Old Oak, stop there. There's nothing decent any further down the road. Maybe skip the Hi-B, I don't think a stag party would get past the door :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Not too many pubs left on Barrack St anymore unfortunately, and reckon you're probably better off going the other direction on Oliver Plunket St, much easier to get into Reardens blind drunk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

If you're going to go the other way on Oliver Plunkett street, I'd give Reardens a miss. The queue is long, the bouncers are even more sub-human than the rest of the bouncers in Cork and once you pay to get in there, it's a stinking dive, fit for only the dregs of human existence. It's not unlike waiting, being verbally abused and finally having to pay to be kicked in the spuds repeatedly. But then again, that's only my opinion.

Cheers Dave :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Never had a problem from the locals in those pubs, rowdy or not.

• Advertisement

Never had a problem getting a game of pool either. Must be you. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Heh, adam clearly doesn't remember the last Barrack St. pub crawl we did in which we narrowly avoided a kicking in that scummy little pub next door to Nanc Spains...

The celtic bar? That would be the one pub on that street I won't go into. And that was outside the door, not inside. ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:
    The celtic bar? That would be the one pub on that street I won't go into. And that was outside the door, not inside. ;)

You were outside, myself and JohnK got as far as the bar only to be told to get lost....ah, memories. (That was the same night Nancy's was empty so we got away with having a pretend scrap right at the front of the bar, wasn't it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Fysh wrote:
    You were outside, myself and JohnK got as far as the bar only to be told to get lost....ah, memories. (That was the same night Nancy's was empty so we got away with having a pretend scrap right at the front of the bar, wasn't it?)

Yes it was. Good night :D

daveirl wrote:
    Yup. I walked across the road to it last time I was early for Tom Barry's - always bloody happens - and nearly walked into an offy or a florists or summat. :)

Then I nearly walked into the celtic bar. Ended up going for a walk to the top of the hill and back down again, and then into the Enterprise cos I was still too early. Very odd. :)

adam

Advertisement