Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Join me in my quest to kick the habit..

Options
  • 30-07-2007 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

After almost 4 years, I've decided to quit smoking. Now, since I spend my breaks, lunch, and timeout in work in the smoking area, I've decided to find something else to keep me occupied in my new-found free time :)

http://digg.com/health/When_a_tech_support_agent_stops_smoking_2

Any and all wellwishers are very much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I fully endorse and support your bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mazdagirl

Best of luck, hope you do it I'm year and a half off them it's not easy

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

Tellox wrote:
    After almost 4 years, I've decided to quit smoking. Now, since I spend my breaks, lunch, and timeout in work in the smoking area, I've decided to find something else to keep me occupied in my new-found free time :)

http://digg.com/health/When_a_tech_support_agent_stops_smoking_2

Any and all wellwishers are very much appreciated :)

You have my full support as well eventhough I am sort of a part - time smoker that smokes only when having a drink. It's still difficult to stop even that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 iwannaquit

I'm a closet smoker (about 5/day), yet no-one knows . I sneak around and make excuses to smoke. (go for drives to nowhere, solely to smoke).
    I want to quit, have no trouble staying off them when on hols with wife, but tend to drink then... (replace one addiction with another).
    So, if you don't mind, I'm going to use this thread as a diary, and a reminder of progress.
    I feel as a closet smoker, I can restart and not let anyone down, but if people on boards are watching me , I may have more resolve.

Wish me luck

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

iwannaquit wrote:
    I'm a closet smoker (about 5/day), yet no-one knows . I sneak around and make excuses to smoke. (go for drives to nowhere, solely to smoke).
    I want to quit, have no trouble staying off them when on hols with wife, but tend to drink then... (replace one addiction with another).
    So, if you don't mind, I'm going to use this thread as a diary, and a reminder of progress.
    I feel as a closet smoker, I can restart and not let anyone down, but if people on boards are watching me , I may have more resolve.

Wish me luck
    I'm always watching.

• Advertisement

Thanks big brother, successfully through a day and a half. Luckily coincided with a head cold and cough, so no desire to puff. Cold should get me through the initial few days.{(and then will power, boards guilt!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Good luck, i've been off em for 18 months (i smoked for 10 years)

tip: i read Alan Carrs easy way to stop smoking. It works really well, i don't miss em at all!

cold turkey for me..
    Day 2 , cold is worse , sore lungs , definitely don't want to smoke .
    Last nights cravings...

Ate beetroot straight from the jar, delicious.
    + not whiskey.
    Wife suggested lemsip, tea, lemon but my twisted logic of century old cures worked better. (although had no cloves, just the whiskey!!)

Feeling confident, think I 'll make it. Reading the boards posts on the subkect definitely helps....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

good man keep it up.

Advertisement