Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attempting the impossible, so I'm told.

• 30-07-2007 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hey, I am going to make an attempt at the supposed impossible according to my friends. Would anyone be able to give me some advice?

I am looking to sit the preliminary examination (for people without university degrees) in March 2008. I was looking at some of the course providers, can anyone provide a well rounded view of the people offering courses? I have come across Baggot Street law tutorial centre, Ms. Clare Grealy, Mr. Julian Deale, Dublin tutorial centre, and Legal Solutions.

I am also looking to sit 4 FE-1 exams in October 2008. Would anyone be able to provide negative and positive points about GCD professional law school. It is from what I am told the only place to go if you want to pass.

One last question, are the FE-1 exams only held once in October, or are they held at other times of the year?

Thanks, BTS.:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Op - nothing in this live is impossible.... it may be a maymooth task but not quite impossible. You just have to really want it. That's the only requirement.

I have 5 out of 8 of the FE1's done and I work full time also. It is incredibly difficult. The FE1's are held twice a year, March and Oct. Ive done the GCD course and it is invaluable.

Hope this helps and best of luck with it but as I say, if you want it bad enough.....
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Shinners23 wrote:
    Op - nothing in this live is impossible.... it may be a maymooth task but not quite impossible.

Hope this helps and best of luck with it but as I say, if you want it bad enough.....
    :)

Just want to say thanks for the words of encouragement. Yeah I am trying to do something really to expand my horizons and boundaries. Come from a family where education has very little meaning, which is unfortunate. Thanks though.:D

GCD is definetly the best so it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Do any of the providers have distance learning options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

GCD does...you get the booklets and have a tutor assigned to you with whom you can submit work etc. You are invited to the Introductory week and also the exam preparation week at the end... and the cost.....around €375 per subject. I did the DL course and only used the manuals. You will get exam tips in the pack which are useful so its up to you whether you feel the need to attend the iIntro week and exam prep weeks.
    LL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 OleLegend

hey,

i have been trying to get info on preparatory courses and from the people i have spoken with have said GCD is the best, the manuals are top notch

and last year Griffith students won 8 out of 9 first prizes in the law society exams - that sold me as i have signed up

check out www.gcd.ie/fe1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jayo245

I'm currently studing law at GCD and can't praise them enough. My background is totally unrelated to what I'm doing and it was a long time since I was last in a classroom. Going into it I was under the commom misconception that law would be a very hard going subject. I don't know whether it's just the way they laid out the course, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it really enjoyable. The lecturers are great and if you have questions or need something they seem to go out of their way to help you.
    Good luck in your studies. Jay

Advertisement