Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M-Audio Torq Exponent - Anyone used one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

no but they look sweet if i was using torque id definitely get that over the vestax(im sure its cheaper aswell but not positive) id get vestax if i was using anything else tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ive used one a few times, I would not buy one at the moment because:

Torq Software is very poor: (a patch should be out soon though)
    Pitch goes up/down on its own.
    looses sync with VBR mp3s randomly.
    Sound quality goes horrible randomly

Build Quality:
    The platters are not equally balanced (one spins longer than the other)
    The sliders are very loose

Ive used it with Traktor 3 and it resolved all the software problems, but you also loose some (non-essential) features such as lights syncing with beats and other lights not working.

I would buy it if it worked fully with Traktor, but i'm gonna wait a while and see what updates they release for it. its a shame as its exactly what i'm looking for especially the inbuilt sound card for cueing and the rest of the features are spot on too.

S.

PS, Torq is a no-go with Vista.

Advertisement