Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 30-07-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

HI Guys,

Starting to look into Broadband in Castlebar and was wondering if any of the users here has any recommendations? I know there are a few providers but how has peoples experience been re, price, service, connection speed?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

utv are good

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

irishgeo wrote:
    utv are good
    Indeed they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I had Utv for a while but it was a bit up and down. Have only heard good reports form others though. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

i have Westnet wireless down in lahardane. i think they are in castlebar as well, afaik! can't complain so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Oh how the other half live!, spare a moment to pity the isolated on dial up, WEEP im jealous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

Just hooked up to UTV last week with a 2 meg connection (max I could get). No complaints so far and their customer service has been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I have Westnet as well and can't speak highly enough of it. Not sure if it's available in Castlebar town but if you pm oscarBravo he'll tell you all about it. Tell him I sent you cos I get 5 years free subscription with every referral :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Im with eircom,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I've also heard good things about Westnet.
    One of my mates has their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

Still with UTV and off the top of my head can only remember 1 time when the connection was down. Good broadband and good support.

I hear Westnet are good also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Stay away from eircom!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Eircom = Eircon

Thumbs up for Westnet here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Eircom for me as well, expensive yes but completely reliable service in the 2 years that I have had them in East Mayo....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kevweed

i use eircom 4 my internet and xbox live...it never failed me and i got it in gamestop in castlebar ...all i had to do was ask about it and the staff in gamestop sorted the rest out...you also get 60 euro vocher for gamestop free

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement