Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance for 400cc?

• 30-07-2007 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello All,
    I'm currently riding a YBR125 on a provisional licence. I'm 32 and insured by Aon with a 1yr NCB.
    I've been looking at Honda CB400 Super Fours for the leap up to a bigger bike.
    Can anyone advise me on how much I should be paying to insure such a bike, and what restrictor I might need.

Thanks in advance

PS. Have been waiting six months for a full bike test date...any others out there getting impatient?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Hey Ringo. No point asking us about premiums as there is no rhyme nor reason to them mate! You only have 3 companies to call to find out though! Aon, Carole Nash and Quinn Direct.

As for restrictors, I'm not sure. Check out the power to weight ratio first-it might not need one.

As for your test, where are you located? anywhere near Dublin? If so-call driver testing in Ballina and change to the Raheny test centre and you'll have a date in under 6 weeks.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ringo74

Thanks for the advice...will try my luck in Raheny
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I never bothered with restrictors, though of the insurers you are with the one which can occasionally ask for a restriction cert in case of claim. No else cares about it. I certainly don't. My bike has power that is a multiple of the restriction yet is (3yr NCB) validly taxed and insured. 100 yoyos restrictor on and off if some insurer asked, though I doubt it. Building up the NCB is most important. You should be insurable, though perhaps paying twice as much, at least, and perhaps some might be reluctant insurers with only a year's NCB. One would best not mention the restriction as the power is c. 55 bhp. Insurance is variable from person to person dependant on circumstances. A 55 bhp cruiser would generally be cheaper, Harley Davidsons excepted. How much do you pay now?

Advertisement