Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Private Chat And Game Invite Problems

• 30-07-2007 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

someone please answer this why cant i invite someone to play or start up a private chat?tried everything obvious with no luck.Im with eircom for broadband and use a netopia 2247nwg router.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Its most likely a NAT problem, run a connection test on your xbox and see what comes up, if it says moderate or strict thats your problem... go to your router settings (probably http://192.168.1.1) then set your firewall to low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

already did that dude dunno whats going on it wont even allow me the option to invite to play and private chat is out the window also now in pro evo 6 if im invited to play it says searching for player then says cannot connect to player.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does the Xbox Live test report the NAT as "open"?

yeah nat is saying open to be honest thats what i first looked at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah sounds like a NAT problem.

Check out this guide, it'll solve it for you

Edit: NAT is open already, hmm!!! Try the guide, if you're still having problems then I dunno what to tell you!!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I had a problem like this with a mate.. couldnt talk to him in privat chat. Could talk to him in game chat in GOW but nobody else could... Was weird, havent played him since so not sure if it was a once off...

went through that guide but to no avail still no chat and still not able to invite or be invited to a game.and all this with the phil mitchell memorial pro evo 6 tournament fast approaching.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you may need to set your IP to be a DMZ or de-militarized zone(i think). I had to do that to get pro evo connecting to games proper and it has worked perfect since.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Hi

I have a mate who can talk to some people and not talk to others, for example, if I host a game he can connect, if another mate hosts a game he can't connect. he can't private chat with this guy either. any ideas fellas?

Oh sweet jesus dmz what the f is that my head is getting more painful by the minute....

• Advertisement

Ok everyone stand down I think I beat it well in pro evo anyway.. create game, including friends, THEN issue an invite.Please dont say its that easy?Have not played one yet but early trials look like it just might work....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

PLease dont tell me thats what your problem was in pro evo?!?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think there is some weird sort of issue about Eircom to Eircom communication that I read about somewhere, and I have personally come across it once or twice (i.e. not being able to accept invites).
    Not sure how to solve it unfortunately - just lower your NAT / Firewall settings and see what happens.

Yeah but it still doesnt explain why i cant accept invites to a game...my prob is a mate based in Co Armagh who is inviting but I cant accept.

Sometimes i hate the xbox..

But not very often ha ha!

Advertisement