Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

consumer agency to complain to about an airline?

Options
  • 30-07-2007 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Had a run in with air france and to say their reply to my complaint was unsatisfactory is an understatement (they only actually broke one rule re. cancellations/delays but no mention of it in their reply and very much a 'get stuffed' theme to it). Is there a consumer agency that I can report them to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Try the Irish Aviation Regulator or the National Consumer Agency. Or there is always the Consumer Association Ireland, this last organisation is independent and not associated with public sector ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Had a run in with air france and to say their reply to my complaint was unsatisfactory is an understatement (they only actually broke one rule re. cancellations/delays but no mention of it in their reply and very much a 'get stuffed' theme to it). Is there a consumer agency that I can report them to?

I had a problem with them a few years back (about 10) when they lost my suitcase for a few days (think a couple days but not sure), I complained about it, they replied to say they were sorry and blah, blah, blah so I reply to say that I wanted some type of compensation because I was going to a wedding, had to buy some clothes, shoes, deodorant, shaver, etc, (had receipts) I did get a cheque (not sure but did cover maybe all or most of the stuff).

So my recommendation don't accept a NO from them, reply again make sure you write or get someone to write a proper letter for you.

If you don't get a satisfactory reply from them go to the above recommendations from Slice

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Thanks lads.

long story short, missed a connection was lied to by staff in Dublin and treated like sh!t by the customer services manager in Paris (who laughed at me when I told her I'd complain about her). Had to ring my hotel myself to tell them I'd be a day late eventhough I'm entitled to 2 phone calls/faxes/e-mails. They told me 'thats something you'll have to do yourself'. Not so. The letter they sent back ignored most of the queries I raised and never addressed the issue that they'd violated EU regulations re. cancellations/delays. I'll write again and if i get a reply forward all correspondance to the agencies you mentionsd.

Advertisement