Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tips on buyin a corolla

Options
  • 30-07-2007 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

im thinkn of sellin my car a punto when it has past the nct.. just getting the work done now to pass it.. hav had this car bout 6months now and its not worth da hassle so much stuff breakn on it :L so said id buy a nice sporty corrolla hatchback 3dr around 96 just wounderin does anyone hav tips on buy a good one which hasnt been drove into the ground by a boy racer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

import from the UK or NI, a lot of Corollas are driven by older drivers, sometimes models like the Sportif or Ceres will pop up with low mileage.
    Corollas in Ireland, particularly 3 door hatchbacks generally sell easily, and for relatively large amounts.
    If you're buying in Ireland, just make sure t has a long NCT, and hasn't many modifications done to it. Corollas can take and hide abuse, so it'd be hard to spot one that's been driven a little hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd be very wary about buying a 10+ year old Corolla from the UK, it will have been exposed to salt from the roads on countless occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

On the other hand, here it will have been subjected to rubbish roads....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

not to mention wanna be F.1. drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bazz26 wrote:
    I'd be very wary about buying a 10+ year old Corolla from the UK, it will have been exposed to salt from the roads on countless occasions.
    Depends very much on the area in which the car mainly 'lived'.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement