Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 106 Immobiliser

Options
  • 30-07-2007 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Put a new stereo in the car on Friday.

There was already a non-standard stereo in it before and the only thing I had to do was take out the old stereo and clip on the two non-standard speakers in the back onto the back left/right wires on the new cable with the stereo.

Today I get in the car and the keypad immobiliser (standard on the Peugeot 106 in 1997 I believe, you enter a pin to start it) and the immobiliser isn't working. I can just start the car without putting the pin in. Looks like there's no power to the keypad (usually flashes a little red light when it's active and then goes green when it's unlocked, also it beeps when you put in the code).

Now when I put the new stereo in there was another little wire, not part of the two connectors that's standard with a little "chamber" thing for want of a better word.

I didn't hook this up to anything, think it was popped onto the power wires on the old stereo's cable.

When I first put it in I gave some friends lifts home Friday evening and it still needed the code.

Anyone know if a couple of wires inside the dash behind the stereo could have anything to do with the immobiliser?

Or should I just pop into a mechanic...

Advertisement