Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a solicitor

Options
  • 30-07-2007 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'd be grateful if anyone could recommend a solicitor based in Cork. My father, who lived in a rural part of southwest Cork, recently passed on and left me a very modest estate. I live outside Ireland and, due to work and family obligations, have not been able to visit personally and try to make sense of the situation.

I'm not well-versed in the workings of the Irish legal system w/regards to estate law but the behavior of the solicitor handling my father's will has been rather peculiar and I would like to consult with someone based in Cork City.

There are too many firms listed on the results page for the Irish Law Society site when I search on Cork, even after I exclude those with offices in outlying areas, so I would be grateful for any and all recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

- Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I recently used Carol Hickey (http://cahickey.com/) in Passage West to buy a house. Don't have a great deal of experience dealing with solicitors, but she seems efficient and professional. You could do worse than giving her a call and having a word anyway. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brianinhk

Thanks rymus!

I'll give her a call tomorrow afternoon, Irish time.

To anyone else reading this thread: please keep the recommendations coming! I would like to talk to a couple of different solicitors if possible to see if they all suggest the same course of action or offer different options as to how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

John Collins in Fitzmaurice Ludlow. 023-45134. They are based in Dunmanway and I've used him before. Very thorough and a real nice down to earth guy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Bill Holohan's a very nice guy, if he can't help you directly I'm sure he'll be able to recommend someone that can.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

I use O'Donnell,Breen-Walsh, O'Donoghue Solicitors on Georges Quay in the City. Just buying a house and all clear sailing. 021-4313911

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

i used annette o sullivan in joyce house ballincollig 021 4214803 and found her very efficent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brianinhk

Thanks guys! I tried Carol Hickey's office 4 days ago but her assistant very politely let me know that she was on vacation until the 13th.

I hadn't followed up on the estate mess or checked this thread until just now because I've been bogged down with work-related matters and a bad chest cold for most of the past week. I'm running the other solicitors recommended in this thread through RateYourSolicitor (I wouldn't trust those ratings alone) right now and will be making calls tomorrow afternoon (Irish time).

Thanks again everyone! I'm grateful for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

myhome.ie also have a list of recommended solicitors for every county of you have no luck

Advertisement