Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ or Marlin

Options
  • 30-07-2007 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

hi lads was in my local gun shop today and he said he would do a straight swap with me, my .22 bolt action cz for a semi marlin in nearly new condition, what do ye think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

oh hell no,the cz is worth more and easier to sell in a shop than a marlin be it bolt or semi,stick to what you have got !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Ask yourself why your dealer would swap a nearly new rifle for your CZ

marlins arent the best of quaility guns and a semi in .22 is asking for trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Ask yourself why your dealer would swap a nearly new rifle for your CZ

marlins arent the best of quaility guns and a semi in .22 is asking for trouble

good point, i was going to get the 10 shot mag for the cz but it sticks out a fair bit, is the semi as accredit as the bolt ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

pm. wrote:
    good point, i was going to get the 10 shot mag for the cz but it sticks out a fair bit, is the semi as accredit as the bolt ?

Wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

rrpc wrote:
    Wha?
    'Accurate', I suspect.

OP: I have no particular knowledge or experience of semi-automatic CZs, but generally speaking and all else being equal, semi-automatics aren't regarded as intrinsically accurate as bolt actions.
    Whether the (possibly very slight) accuracy compromise is offset by the main 'advantage' of the semi-automatic action (instant reloads) is entirely up to you and your intended use of and expectations of the gun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

In general they are less accurate. I've had this argument here before, but if you're talking about a Marlin vs. a CZ then you would certainly expect the CZ to be more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

thanks for the advice lads, i think ill hold onto my cz.

Advertisement