Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for graphics cards!!

Options
  • 30-07-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

my pc is pcie and i was just wondering if all cards that are pcie can fit into my computer??and if not wht makes them not be able to fit in??don't need any help with choosing one but this info is crucial!!thanx:o :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

What motherboard do you have? Anyway you will be fine as long as you have a free PCIE16x slot, which I presume your dead card was taking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

thnx for de info on a pciex16 slot tho!!ur the only one to get a straight answer out of!!thanks!emmmmm a dell dimension 5000??its a tower unit and dats all i really know,any othr relevant items to it?thanks!!!!!!:o :rolleyes: :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just make sure you know the limitations of your system, a high end pci-e card will not work in the 5000 due to the psu. The best you could hope to escape with is a 7900GS, the best that'll definitely work without issue would be something like a 7600GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

thank u!!!!!will gt one off amazon nw!thnx!

Advertisement