Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

maybach rental?

Options
  • 30-07-2007 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

need (read want ;)) to rent a maybach + chauffeur for an event later this year.
    is this even possible in ireland?
    i cant find anywhere offering one.

if not possible could someone suggest an alternative (not looking for pimped out hummers:rolleyes:)

is an s-class the only real choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

S Class, or maybe a 7. Only 5 or 6 Maybachs came into the country. What hire car company in their right mind would splash half a million on a car that would be rented only occassionally? They'd have to keep it for 80 years to break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Doesn't Jim Mansfield* rent out his Rolls-Royce Phantom? I'd prefer that to a Maybach in the decadence stakes tbh :D

*He owns citywest and weston airport among other things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I've seen a couple about the town, absolutly minging in my opinion. A bently looks like a nicer car, or even a roller or s class.Only problem with the bently is that peeps will think it's a chrysler:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say you've two chances of renting a Maybach in Ireland........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Maybachs are nice! But in fairness id prefer a BMW or Merc. Bentley is big and ugly as with Bm's and Mercs, they look sportier! Thats my opinion! Havent a notion where you'd get a Maybach! Try the North for companys!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

crosstownk wrote:
    I'd say you've two chances of renting a Maybach in Ireland........
    3 really, drdre is setting up a business renting Maybachs, Lambos, Mk5 Polos and the Millenium Falcon. Or maybe that's one of his illustrious cousins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

There's one outside the Treasury Building all the time. Looks like a merc. At least the rolls looks cool. But some could say the rolls looks tacky, where the maybach looks inconspicuous, but luxury inside

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It looks like a Merc cos it is one. Rolls Royces just look vulgar to me. Not quite as vulgar as stretch hummers though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Just copped its actually called a Mercedes Maybach lol! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Quint wrote:
    There's one outside the Treasury Building all the time. Looks like a merc. At least the rolls looks cool. But some could say the rolls looks tacky, where the maybach looks inconspicuous, but luxury inside

Johnny Ronan, 1 of 2 the head guys in Treasury owns it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Robbo wrote:
    3 really, drdre is setting up a business renting Maybachs, Lambos, Mk5 Polos and the Millenium Falcon. Or maybe that's one of his illustrious cousins...

Any idea what the 3 day rate including CDW is on the Millenium Falcon? Does the hyperdrive work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Robbo wrote:

No i was saying the only problem is the insurance here.Dont think i am bull ****ting.My cousins have a website lauching soon in the uk.They are already renting SLR,GTC,FLYING SPUR,M5,GALLARDO,RANGE ROVER, 911 TURBO.
    So stop getting jealous i can prove it very soon and i also uploaded pics of some of the cars last year. :)
    Here is the gallardo again and me in the flying spur. Next time i go to the uk i will get a pic of the whole collection.

Robbo wrote:

I never said i was setting it up myself.I wouldnt have that much cash.I was looking into it for my cousins which are based in the uk but the bloody insurance and business envoirnment let them down,so it never took off here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

thanks for all the replies people :)
    yes, i guess its very unliklely ill find one to rent.

hadnt thought of a 7-series, they are nice actually, seem a bit more imposing than the s-class anyway.

about that phantom, does anyone know if its through a company its rented, or if he rents it to friends only?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

subway wrote:
    about that phantom, does anyone know if its through a company its rented, or if he rents it to friends only?

I don't think it's friends only. But ring citywest to check it out. Contact details are in above link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

will do, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

drdre wrote:
    No i was saying the only problem is the insurance here.Dont think i am bull ****ting.My cousins have a website lauching soon in the uk.They are already renting SLR,GTC,FLYING SPUR,M5,GALLARDO,RANGE ROVER, 911 TURBO.
    So stop getting jealous i can prove it very soon and i also uploaded pics of some of the cars last year. :)
    Here is the gallardo again and me in the flying spur. Next time i go to the uk i will get a pic of the whole collection.
    How much to rent the corsa in the second pic?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

MrPudding wrote:
    How much to rent the corsa in the second pic?

LMAO :D

drdre wrote:
    Its much easier to read what you are typing if you put spaces after your punctiuation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

How about renting a Veyron??
    Maybe drdre can organise his cousins to add this to their fleet and get a discount, or bigger mileage allowance for boards.ie members :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bugatti-Veyron-For-%20Hire_W0QQitemZ300126998919QQihZ020QQcategoryZ18308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Read the terms / conditions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Pfft, what a crap deal. 20k sterling to hire it for 1 day... with a 50 mile limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Stephen wrote:
    with a 50 mile limit.

You could always do what Ferris Bueller did with his friend's father's Ferrari! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

It's the security deposit that is putting me off...:D

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Stephen wrote:
    Pfft, what a crap deal. 20k sterling to hire it for 1 day... with a 50 mile limit.
    Thats why I hope drdre can convince his relatives in the uk to get one so we can get a better deal ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Weren't they saying on top gear that they depreciate £1200 a week! Make sure you charge a lot to get your money back

skibum wrote:
    Thats why I hope drdre can convince his relatives in the uk to get one so we can get a better deal ;)

The bloody veyron is way too expensive to purchase.You will never make a return on it for a few years and it will cost to much to maintain, depricate because of milage,and will require a huge deposit.

Max_Damage wrote:
    You could always do what Ferris Bueller did with his friend's father's Ferrari! :D

He sold the ferrari a while ago through richmond motors and now has the DB9 convertible.

Advertisement