Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what exactly are cpu nd psu?and wht relevance do they have on a graphics card?

Options
  • 30-07-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

jus wondering wht relevance these have on a graphics card??mch appreciated!!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Well, CPU is the processor and PSU is the Power Supply Unit. Dont think the CPU has much relevance to Graphics Cards but someone else may know more. The PSU comes into it as some graphics cards need extra power and so are plugged into the Power unit as well as the motherboard. If the PSU isnt powerful enough the card will not get enough juice to run correctly.....as i know all too well! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

if you're processor is not pwoerful enough it can act as a bottle neck in your system, i've personally never had the issue but i've read about people with celerons and 7900gtxs having lower frame rates than people with higher grade processors

Advertisement