Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a cheap wireless router for xbox live.

• 30-07-2007 10:05pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Finally got around to getting myself the rip-off wireless adapter of the 360 to get online (it's just a bloody usb wireless adapter :mad: ) only to find out I can't connect to xbox live with my router. Can anyone recommend where I can get a cheap wireless router that will definitely work with xbox live in dublin city centre?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Hey dude, hope you dont mind me asking my own questions about routers, seemed silly to start another thread about one.

Im gonna hook up live tomorrow, but my router only has one ethernet connection thingy, and a USB connection one, and i dont think i can connect to live with via USB, so can i use a splitter to use the ethernet cable?

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Finally got around to getting myself the rip-off wireless adapter of the 360 to get online (it's just a bloody usb wireless adapter :mad: ) only to find out I can't connect to xbox live with my router. Can anyone recommend where I can get a cheap wireless router that will definitely work with xbox live in dublin city centre?

The eircom wireless router. 10 euro in your nearest pc world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Hard to beat the above reply for price, but I bought a Netgear router for just under €50 for my wireless network and worked with the xbox out of the box, no configurations had to be changed.

Check it out here http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=306987

Have you tried upgrading the firmware of your router? This MIGHT solve the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Retr0gamer wrote:

would a standard USB wireless adapter work?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

neacy69 wrote:
    would a standard USB wireless adapter work?

I have one but the console is too far away from my PC for it to be picked up. Also I would have to have the PC turned on to connect to xbox live which is a bit ridiculous. The firmware on my router is up to date but still won't work.

Thanks for the replies, might need a hand configuring the router when I get round to getting it. I hate networks :( Everytime we have a lan the first day is taken up sorting out network problems and now consoles are getting just as bad as PCs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

check if youve a WEP and your xbox should be in the computers accessing this network...
    192.168.0.1 is life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

What kind of Router do you have mate, because it might be something as simple as WEP like mentioned above, or a doddgy IP or DNS setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Which model is your router? It may or may not be possible just to use a 10 euro ethernet switch to give yourself a few extra ports. Depends if what you have is actually a router or if it's just a modem.

Advertisement