Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can i trust car craft to do this job?

Options
  • 31-07-2007 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭

My 530 has a crack in the front bumper that i want to repair. I went to car craft for a quote on a plastic weld and repair and was told 150, the other quote ive gotten is 120 to weld and 250 to spray (prolly + vat aswell)

the car craft guy maintains he can weld the bumper in situ, the other guy reckons it has to come off?

i want the job done properly but theres a serious price variance here and its a small 4" crack thats straight so you cant see it til you are about 5 feet away.

ive gotten carcraft to do a few bits before and the work was ok, a little sloppy around the edges but paint match etc was good.

if i tell them exactly what i want and that i wont settle for a shoddy job am i likely to get more joy, maybe pay extra for extra service?

ive seen mixed reports on them since ive used them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've heard good things about CarCraft on this forum before. On that basis, I sent my father in for some bumper repairs to his Golf. When I saw the car afterwards, I was frankly shocked at the poor quality of their work. I doubt telling them exactly what you expect will work - I tried that in Maxwell and it didn't work there. In my experience, people either take pride in their work or they don't.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I sent my father to them for some work on the rear left quarterpanel on his focus. I could not see where the scrape was afterwards. The work was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 20,050 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

replied :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

carcraft did my rear bumper, which had a crack about 9inches in lenght. Was done without the bumper coming off, and even the main dealer mechanic who services my car couldn't find the crack.
    Metallic paint color coded bumper too.

• Advertisement

were u happy with the finish? and the colour match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Have heard good and bad - saw a bumper repair done in person that was absolutely perfect. Have heard other people had issues. I think that some of their staff are more skilful than others to be honest.

yeah id say thats fair ken,

i reckon the main guys are pretty good, its the others id worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Cyrus wrote:
    were u happy with the finish? and the colour match?
    It's perfect, even 3 years later.
    there's no dip,and on the rare occasions I polish the car, there's no line or blemish showing. Reasonable prices, good work ==> repeat customers! I know a lot of dealers sent trade in's up to them to get them spruced up for the forecourt.

Advertisement