Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeans and shirts!

Options
  • 31-07-2007 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Tell me this. Where's a good place to get some decent jeans and a nice ol shirt in Galway city? Who does good deals etc..

It's been a while since I shopped for threads in Galway!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Anthony Ryans do decent clothes at decent prices

John Deelys across the road also, expensive but nice clothes

There's plenty more i'm sure (That I don't know - thats what GF's are for)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

DonalN wrote:
    Who does good deals etc....in Galway!
    No such thing as good deals in Galway for clothes...most mens shops here way over priced which is bloody annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Geraghtys on Lombard Street (beside St Nicholas' Church). Very good selection, and have a very good sale on now.

Apologies to the OP for the OT, but:
    @Majiktripp; if you feel, as your "location" states, that Galway is "The Armpit of Ireland", then why don't you just leave and find someone more to you tastes? Incidentally, where are you actually from?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

majiktripp wrote:
    No such thing as good deals in Galway for clothes...most mens shops here way over priced which is bloody annoying

I find MixActive (or whatever it is called, in shopping centre beside Tesco Hardware) pretty decent.

Fey! wrote:
    Incidentally, where are you actually from?
    Born and raised in Galway...What about you?

• Advertisement

I find MixActive (or whatever it is called, in shopping centre beside Tesco Hardware) pretty decent.
    They have some nice stuff like genuine Diesel jeans but its mixed in with cheap knock off tack aswell...good stuff is pricey, the cheap stuff aint..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

majiktripp wrote:
    They have some nice stuff like genuine Diesel jeans

No they dont,the stuff in there is made by a company called Diesel Ireland,nothing whatsoever do do with the more expensive "genuine" Diesel.Have a gander

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054979811

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

There's a sale in french connection at the minute. Nice casual shirts too in River deep.

padi89 wrote:
    No they dont,the stuff in there is made by a company called Diesel Ireland,
    Dint notice that! Not very keen on that store anyways seems like all the stuff is knock off material.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

padi89 wrote:
    No they dont,the stuff in there is made by a company called Diesel Ireland,nothing whatsoever do do with the more expensive "genuine" Diesel.Have a gander

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054979811

Interesting that......... although my (fake) diesel hoody is one of the most comfy things I own.

• Advertisement

Aren't there a couple of places in the Eyre Square centre, too? Aside from Ryans.

Also, Hanleys on Williamsgate Street.

majiktripp wrote:
    Born and raised in Galway...What about you?

Galway, too. And I still say if it's so bad, move.

Fey! wrote:
    And I still say if it's so bad, move.
    Your have your opinion,I'm entitled to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

thanks for the replies folks. some good info on sales there....

I shall be displaying my new threads on quay street on Thursday night. If you're looking for me, I'll be the sharpest one on the street!;)

Wow Fey, I find it surprising that you'd recommend both Geraghtys and Hanleys. I'd find that they cater to two different markets, and that Hanleys don't do good deals, as the OP is looking for. €150 for a pair of decent jeans is a bit rich for my, and I assume, his, blood.

Sorry, Wet-paint; wasn't recommending Hanleys, as I haven't been in there in years. Was just suggesting somewhere to try.

Geraghtys, on the other hand, I have no hesitation recommending. I'm 6'5" and a tad over 20 stone, and they're about the only place that cater to my size. Several of my friends are similar sizes, and they find the same. Also, when they (Geraghtys) have a sale, it really is worth checking out.

Hah, I'm similiar measurements, and found the same thing. I really appreciate the way they run their business and treat customers.

Carpenters is also a good bet, and there's a sale on there now.

Advertisement