Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation in Kilkee

• 31-07-2007 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Mod Edit: Since the original post referred to an event run by a company that cannot be mentioned on boards.ie, I have edited the thread title and original post to reflect that. You are looking for accomodation in Kilkee in early September, but don't mention why. If anyone mentions the event or company, this thread will be locked in a heartbeat.

Hoping to go to Kilkee in early September. Just wondering can anyone give me some ideas for accomodation. All the major hotels are booked out so probably looking at b and b's. Want somewhere close to town so I can have a few drinks. The self catering apartments all seem to have nasty add on's like metering for electricity and no bath towels.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Better take a self catering in the town now if you can get it, whatever about towels, etc. Anywhere outside the town is difficult to reach at pub closing time because of a lack of taxi operators. ( closing time could be late in Kilkee!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DigitalSole

Howdy folks,
    Ye might be able to help us out. We have a couple of posts about this on our blog but we have got a lot of enquiries and mails about camping and accomodation but we have no idea where to send people. More Lahinch people ourselves you see. Any links we added are seemingly booked out. If anyone knows anything about camp sites near or in Kilkee or any good b+b's or stuff in or close to kilkee could ye reply here, send us a mail to info at digitalsole.net or leave a comment on the posts about it.
    If this breaks the rules about the board sorry and of course delete but any info from people who go to kilkee would be appreciated.
    DS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Meathlass wrote:
    Mod Edit: Since the original post referred to an event run by a company that cannot be mentioned on boards.ie, I have edited the thread title and original post to reflect that. You are looking for accomodation in Kilkee in early September, but don't mention why. If anyone mentions the event or company, this thread will be locked in a heartbeat.

Hoping to go to Kilkee in early September. Just wondering can anyone give me some ideas for accomodation. All the major hotels are booked out so probably looking at b and b's. Want somewhere close to town so I can have a few drinks. The self catering apartments all seem to have nasty add on's like metering for electricity and no bath towels.

Thanks for all the help. I can't believe this thread had to be edited! Hilarious! All I was doing was giving them free advertising. Anyway will be in kilkee for a few pints in early sept so will probably just take the first thing that comes to hand in case other people have the same idea and several thousand of us turn up in Kilkee that weekend to have a few sociable drinks together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I would advise anyone travellling to Kilkee in early Sept to book something in advance. Most of the accommodation in Kilkee now is self-catering and has to be booked in advance. B&Bs & Hotels are limited enough and I expect will be booked out in advance. You could easily find yourself travelling 30-40 miles if lots of people show up with the attitude of 'we'll take whatever we can get'. And as someone else pointed out taxis can be scarce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I totally agree with Chuckles on this
    people who can't book accomodation in Kilkee should try to get something in Doonbeg, Kilrush, Carrigaholt or any place close to kilkee
    Also be sure to try a book a taxi home Before you go to the gig if possible because getting one after will be very hard.
    I have waited in Kilkee for hours for a taxi before in the wind and rain and it's not nice (after the beer jacket wears off!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

I'm also looking for accomodation in Kilkee during Cois Fharraige. My mate has a house in Kilkee but I don't want to over load him. Would it be possible to rent a house in Kilkee from 7th - 9th of September or is that out of the question? There's 4 of us going and we'd rather share a house than rent a b & b.

Any help would be most appreciated, as we have had no luck in locating a house for rent for the weekend so far.

Cheers,
    pid().

Does anybody have a spare ticket for the Friday?

Still looking for accomodation. :(

Mods: My apologies for mentioning the event in my last post, I wasn't aware it wasn't allowed and I'm unable to edit my post. Feel free to edit it for me if you wish.

I heard locally at the weekend that there's none to be got. I'm not sure what the story is in Kilrush or Doonbeg - they would be the closest, but will involve getting (elusive) taxis or driving.

Yeah tried Kilrush and it's the same there. They recommended I try Doonbeg. I didn't think I'd have to stray that far. Hmm. Gonna have to buy me a designated driver! :p

• Advertisement

Actually, it's only 6.8 miles. Sure that's walking distance! I'll give a few places a shout later on this evening. Fingers crossed I get somewhere!

It would be possible to camp out in the beach area seeing as all of the campsites are sold out.

just don't forget that the tide comes in!!!!! Could be a wet campsite when you get back that night or else a wet alarm call :D

Ah it's grand by the looks of things. I'm either staying in a mate's, or in a b&b i just found. If not I will camp in a place that's not known, and shower in the swimming pool place. :)

chuckles30 wrote:
    just don't forget that the tide comes in!!!!! Could be a wet campsite when you get back that night or else a wet alarm call :D
    No, I mean camp on the grassy area along the strand line or back towards the golf club side. There is plenty of space there. The Atlantic would have to do for a wash!

Advertisement