Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer problem: Waste collection

Options
  • 31-07-2007 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Just a mistake?

A warning to all Greenstar users: Got my half-year statement from Greenstar recently and thought it was a bit heavy on the number of 'lifts' of our wheelie bin. We're dedicated recyclers, and so 14 lifts in 26 weeks was out of line. So I checked the statement in detail.

Guess what? Two 'lifts' had been double-counted, with the bin shown as being collected again 18 seconds and 15 seconds later, respectively. So our true total was 12. :eek:

Given that July-August, due to holidays, sees less 'lifts', this mistake would most likely put us in a higher-cost band for 2007 if I had not been so eagle-eyed.

My advice: go through your Greenstar statement carefully and watch out for oddities and double-counting. National Toll Roads don't need free money.

:rolleyes:

Definition: A 'lift' is a collection of garbage for disposal. Total for 'lifts' does not include your two monthly recycling collections.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

We got our statement yesterday and everything looks fine. I take note of the days I put the garbage bin out and it tally's with the lifts on the statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 karlmarcks

Plenty wrote:
    We got our statement yesterday and everything looks fine. I take note of the days I put the garbage bin out and it tally's with the lifts on the statement.

Lucky you, Plenty. No, I'm sure they're mostly OK, but I do advise everyone to check for double-counting. We keep a note of our collections, too.:D

Advertisement