Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good wrestling quiz questions

• 31-07-2007 10:10am

when me and my mates are in the pub on a friday we always end up askin each other wrestling questions but no one can ever seem catch someone else out. Any one have any good wrestling questions i can catch them out with especially from the attitude era??? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Who appeared on both WWE Raw and WCW Nitro on a particular Monday night in 1997? Ric Rude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Who appeared on both WWE Raw and WCW Nitro on a particular Monday night in 1997? Ric Rude

As a point of fact, he appeared on ECW tapings earlier that month, which also aired later that week. Making him the only person ever to appear on TV on 3 promotions over the course of 72 hours! ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

A few to tease your mates, not to mention cause a few arguments... Will post up the answers tomorrow

Chris Benoit's first WWE/F title was?
    Who did Hulk Hogan beat to win his first World singles Championship?
    Who is the longest WWE/F light heavyweight championship?
    Which WWE/F had Humpty Doo as his hometown?

:confused:

Hamndegger wrote:
    A few to tease your mates, not to mention cause a few arguments... Will post up the answers tomorrow

Chris Benoit's first WWE/F title was?
    Who did Hulk Hogan beat to win his first World singles Championship?
    Who is the longest WWE/F light heavyweight championship?
    Which WWE/F had Humpty Doo as his hometown?

:confused:

Heh i know these! :D

Answer 1 - WWF Light Heavyweight Championship, before they resurrected it in 97. However it's not recognised by the promotion as it was still technically a UWA title in Japan at the time he won it (in 1991)
    Answer 2 - Dirty Dick Slater
    Answer 3 - Duane Gill (Gillberg), on the grounds you're talking about reigns actually recognised by the promotion.
    Answer 4 - Outcack, i mean Outback Jack.

Although most of those aren't attitude era though ;)
    VR!

Heh i know these! :D

Answer 1 - WWF Light Heavyweight Championship, before they resurrected it in 97. However it's not recognised by the promotion as it was still technically a UWA title in Japan at the time he won it (in 1991)
    Answer 2 - Dirty Dick Slater
    Answer 3 - Duane Gill (Gillberg), on the grounds you're talking about reigns actually recognised by the promotion.
    Answer 4 - Outcack, i mean Outback Jack.

Although most of those aren't attitude era though ;)
    VR!

Should have waited the extra 4 minutes, Shaun!

Your wrong on 2, I'll be good to you and give you another guess. And I ought to mark you out on 4, Outback Jack is a Hall of Fame shoe in :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hamndegger wrote:
    Your wrong on 2, I'll be good to you and give you another guess.

Was it Inoki?

What age did Jeff Hardy debut on WWF tv?
    Who has the most WWE title reigns?
    What month did the whole "Austin vs McMahon" feud begin?
    What happened on Raw the night it beat WCW in the ratings for the first time in a long long time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Fozzy wrote:
    Was it Inoki?

What happened on Raw the night it beat WCW in the ratings for the first time in a long long time?

1) - 18

2) hmm triple H? altho maybe ur not talking about heavyweight title

3)april

4) Mick foley won his first word title

Hamndegger wrote:
    Your wrong on 2, I'll be good to you and give you another guess. And I ought to mark you out on 4, Outback Jack is a Hall of Fame shoe in :cool:

Not the last time i checked, if you're gonna say Bockwinkel in 82 in the AWA, forget about it, he won the NWA South Eastern Heavyweight from Slater before that. And it took forever for that title change to be even recognised, Inoki was his third.

VR!

Edit - wikipedia and obsessedwithwrestling.com agree with me, although they don't agree with each other! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I always thought Malenko was the longest reigning LHW champ.

Brow wrote:
    I always thought Malenko was the longest reigning LHW champ.
    Gillberg won it in 98 and held on to it until 2000.
    VR!

• Advertisement

brilliant lads!!! keep them comein if you can. In regards to the question about what happend on raw when they beat nitro in the ratings? was it not something to do with the the dude love stone cold feud??? i could be wrong

Second week into April 98, and it was more down to an Austin v McMahon feud after Wrestlemania, Dude Love ended up getting into the mix and it went to PPV at Over The Edge the following month.

VR!

Second week into April 98, and it was more down to an Austin v McMahon feud after Wrestlemania, Dude Love ended up getting into the mix and it went to PPV at Over The Edge the following month.

Yeah, they set up Austin vs Vince for the main event and Dude Love interfered
    HBK wrote:
    1) - 18

2) hmm triple H? altho maybe ur not talking about heavyweight title

3)april

1) Jeff was 16 when he first appeared on WWF tv

2) The Rock, I just meant WWE title. I always think it's HHH or Austin or Hogan for whatever reason

3) It was December 1997

Not the last time i checked, if you're gonna say Bockwinkel in 82 in the AWA, forget about it, he won the NWA South Eastern Heavyweight from Slater before that. And it took forever for that title change to be even recognised, Inoki was his third.

The NWA Southeastern Heavyweight title wasn't a world title though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Fozzy wrote:
    Was it Inoki?

1.Hardy made his WWF tv debut at the age of 17 in 1995.
    2.Edge has won the most titles in the WWE (21 i think at last count; not counting king of the ring, money in the bank etc).
    3.Austin/McMahon feud started in January 1998 if i remember correctly.
    4.Foleys title win? honestly don't remember.

Fozzy wrote:
    The NWA Southeastern Heavyweight title wasn't a world title though

Served me right for not reading the question properly there. :o
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Asking questions nobody but you and google know the answer to isn't really fair though

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Who was the first male WWF Womens Champion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Who was the first male WWF Womens Champion?

Harvey Whippleman? (I hate that guy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Harvey Whippleman? (I hate that guy!)

Right on both counts Vince:D

• Advertisement

Served me right for not reading the question properly there. :o
    VR!

It was indeed Nick Bockwinkle; a man who he actually beat twice to become AWA Champ. In true AWA fashion, Hogan was stripped of each title on the spot and was only recognised by them as a former champion in the last year or so.

On Benoit's light heavyweight title, this old WWF title was wrestled for in Japan, Germany and Mexico until 1997 and was not considered to be part of the WWF, even though it carried their name, with their blessings. In 1997, WWF ordered the then champion, Shinjiro Ohtani, to vacate the belt, Taka Michinoko winning a tournament to become the "first" champion. Oddly enough, the same Shinjiro Ohtani won the WCW cruiserweight title in 1996, a reign that WWE credits yet WCW didn't at the time!

The WWE title was retired in 2001, with X Pac being the last champion; he also being the reigning WCW Cruiserweight titlist at the same time. At Survivor Serise, the two belts were effectivly merged to become the WWF Cruiserweight Championship. This new title is perhaps the least won WWF belt of all time with just two champions; the title changing to WWE in May 2002. (Now that's a good question!). Gillberg was the longest WWF spec Light champion, never actually defending the title on WWF shows (He did on Indy cars) while Villano 3 was the Mexican's longest reign.

Hamndegger wrote:
    It was indeed Nick Bockwinkle; a man who he actually beat twice to become AWA Champ. In true AWA fashion, Hogan was stripped of each title on the spot and was only recognised by them as a former champion in the last year or so.

Ah, but if I was to get pedantic, then I'd point out that the AWA of today has nothing to do with the AWA of the past

EdK wrote:
    Asking questions nobody but you and google know the answer to isn't really fair though

Oh come on dude! Some of us are older than others and some of us are watching and following wrestling longer than others!

VR!

Fozzy wrote:
    Ah, but if I was to get pedantic, then I'd point out that the AWA of today has nothing to do with the AWA of the past

There is an AWA of today? Don't tell me Vince resurrected that and is using it as a brand for Sunday night programming? ;)

VR!

Fozzy wrote:

Tell that to somebody who cares, like the ghost of Verne Gagne or Sgt Slaughter's shadow :D

Hamndegger wrote:
    Tell that to somebody who cares, like the ghost of Verne Gagne or Sgt Slaughter's shadow :D

Verne's still alive, he'd be rolling in his grave if he heard you say that

Fozzy wrote:
    Verne's still alive, he'd be rolling in his grave if he heard you say that

I think what Dave was trying to say that Gagne is only there in body but not in the head, and if you watch the AWA DVD, you'll know exactly what i mean. Even Blackjack Mulligan said it best, on regarding the death of that promotion "... if i hear or read one more bitter comment or book... *shakes head*"

VR!

Advertisement