Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper / fast food in Cork

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

mordeith wrote: »
    I've gotten the burger and chicken curry from Chipsy Kings on South Main street and thought it was pretty decent.

Yeah, Chipsy Kings was my favourite chipper while I lived there. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The burger is deliciously meaty, but the amount of salt in the curry is unbelievable. Great when drunk but so overpowering.
    Nice crispy chips as well, kinda reminds me of the chips in Amsterdam (except the Amsterdam ones have mayonnaise and peanut satay on them - how this hasn't caught on everywhere else...I'm at a loss).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dino's in Bishopstown isn't bad at all, in a greasy sort of way. I have been known to ram-raid the place after a few beakers. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Kcs over rated ****e for students and the poor.

KC's been around since 1958..an institution and one that I use regularly for choice alone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lennox's is just gone so downhill. I live near it for the last 5 years and it has just got worse and worse. Chips are either overdone, underdone or just balls of grease.

Im loving el banditos on washington st. Beautiful borritos and you feel pretty good after eating one too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 searching the sun

The Fish Wife, McCurtain street. Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

rob316 wrote: »
    Lennox's is just gone so downhill. I live near it for the last 5 years and it has just got worse and worse. Chips are either overdone, underdone or just balls of grease.

Im loving el banditos on washington st. Beautiful borritos and you feel pretty good after eating one too.

Its been pretty much the same with the last 20 years. Obviously there are times when you can get bad chips etc but I see no great change overall over this time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

I second the Fish Wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 asmav

Matty Kielys.... Lennox's as a 2nd best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Worztron

asmav wrote: »
    Matty Kielys.... Lennox's as a 2nd best!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVyrn3-WwOQ

I've been there twice and both times the fish and chips were terrible.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

The Fish Wife should be on the poll, it's superb! KC's is king though... specifically King Creole!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

The Fish Wife on McCurtain Street.

Gotta check out this fish wife place, i was looking on there facebook page and the grub looks mouthwatering.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

I see that Mike from Breaking Bad has left Los Pollos Hermanos and is now working the door of Hillbillies at night. Well, its the head off him anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 asmav

Actually, having had the Fish wife's food in that pub across the road that lets you eat it in it, thats now the number 1.....
    Walked past matty Kielys the other day... ahh the memories!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tommo81

Elsie's in ballyvolane is fantastic. Would loose lennoxs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

KC's in Douglas hands down

Tried fish wife a few times now and it is definitely the best all round chipper in the city. Lovely chips, great fresh fish and burgers not the soggy crap in lennoxs.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

rob316 wrote: »
    Tried fish wife a few times now and it is definitely the best all round chipper in the city. Lovely chips, great fresh fish and burgers not the soggy crap in lennoxs.

yeah lennox's is far too soggy and fish was poor as well when I was there. I've lived on bandon road and wouldn't have gone there much at all tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

does anyone know why Noel's Place or as it was known afterwards Corcoran's chipper in farranree shut?used go there a lot as a kid,massive double cheese burgers too :D I've passed on a few occasions over last few months and it seems to always be shut day or night,although not on the poll Speedo pizza is the number 1 now :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

A report here on the latest place to open on McCurtain Street called Bad Boys Barbecue.Anyone here go there yet?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/property/commercial/streets-of-cork-city-set-for-a-feeding-frenzy-355496.html

• Registered Users Posts: 34,182 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lennoxes has went backwards big still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

What does that mean in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Heard that from a taxi driver last night. Such a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Recently tried Looneys in Mayfield and was well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Worztron

My favorite chipper now is Aldi Steak Cut Chips cooked in my Oven. :p

Rp_Chips_PD4b_144eece137.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yep, went there a few weeks ago and it was awful. Half of it went to the bin I'd say.

What does that mean in English?

Ya sorry should proof read

Ya even few years ago while not as good as years go was still nice, now it's just very plain.

Taste in chips especially is gone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

For Fish - thr Fish Wife on MacCurtain Street is by far and away the best in Cork City. Just different league of choice of fish and quality of fish.

Also the Fish hatch at the side of the Imperial Hotel just near the GPO.

Advertisement