Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper / fast food in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

corkonion wrote: »
    Has anyone tried mattie kielys since it reopened?

I haven't tried it, but just be aware, it didn't re-open. Someone else decided that it would be a good idea to trade under the old name. The new owners have a connection with Carrigaline as did Mattie Kiely, that is the only link.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/property/commercial/two-new-eating-spots-for-corks-maylor-street-389136.html

That's not to say it isn't good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

O Reillys without a doubt is the best. Burgers are so good, sort of quality I haven't seen from other chippers around. Excellent fish and portions too.
    They just opened by the gateway bar on barrack st, a welcome addition and finally a good chipper on the road since Lennoxs have been serving muck for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

rob316 wrote: »
    O Reillys without a doubt is the best. Burgers are so good, sort of quality I haven't seen from other chippers around. Excellent fish and portions too.
    They just opened by the gateway bar on barrack st, a welcome addition and finally a good chipper on the road since Lennoxs have been serving muck for years.

Didn't they only open for business the other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭crossman47

I'd go for Lennox's but bring back Mattie Kiely any day, there was a true chipper!

Brings back memories of being a student in Cork many years ago - a great spot!

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Didn't they only open for business the other day?

Ya they have 3 other shops though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Was in Lennoxs Saturday and am happy to say it was like its old best.

Have had some horror shows from there in recent times though.

bot43 wrote: »
    Was in Lennoxs Saturday and am happy to say it was like its old best.

Have had some horror shows from there in recent times though.

Its still dried out chicken, burgers from a drawer and just poor quality. Another level of quality,taste and freshness from O Reillys.

The worst thing is its only about 50 feet up the road from me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

is this teh same O'Reilly's that are in the service station behind the Bishopstown Bar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Is Mrs O Reilly still behind the counter Pat Mustard had a go off her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Cape Clear wrote: »
    is this teh same O'Reilly's that are in the service station behind the Bishopstown Bar

And now also on the "straight road" beside co. hall
    Fabulous burgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Strange, I had O'Reillys in Glanmire and the chips and burger were some of the worst I've had. Might have to try again based on the above.

Mind you the fish wife is still the best for actual fish. Don't think anyone can dispute that.

Strange, I had O'Reillys in Glanmire and the chips and burger were some of the worst I've had. Might have to try again based on the above.

From the deli counter in Texaco/Mace?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

From the deli counter in Texaco/Mace?

No they have a place near the Lidl, where King Pizza used to be.

No they have a place near the Lidl, where King Pizza used to be.

Didnt know they were there, be handy for the lads in the new burj al Brookvile.

Give the one in Bishopstown or carrigrohane a go, you wont be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mind you the fish wife is still the best for actual fish. Don't think anyone can dispute that.

....and their buffalo burger. Is O'Reilly's really better than that burger? Will have to try but that buffalo burger is easily the nicest I've had from any fast food place.

One fault with Fish Wife - stingy with the auld salt and vinegar for some reason! They're either looking out for my health or they're saving money in the wrong places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

I gave O'Reillys another chance but it was still poor, pitty.

Dino's in Bishopstown can be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

The permanent chipper van outside Texaco on the Straight Road is unreal. Savage fried chicken burger, proper big but most importantly also crispy chips. Haven't had that good a chipper in a long time.

thefloss wrote: »
    The permanent chipper van outside Texaco on the Straight Road is unreal. Savage fried chicken burger, proper big but most importantly also crispy chips. Haven't had that good a chipper in a long time.

O'Reilly's food truck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Had Lennox's, Mc Curtain street chips last night.

Seriously good chips. Traditional chipper chips - definitely, 100% not frozen.
    Cooked enough for my taste - I hate a pale soggy chip.
    Good potato flavour.
    As good as chipper chips get, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

Had Lennox's, Mc Curtain street chips last night.

Seriously good chips. Traditional chipper chips - definitely, 100% not frozen.
    Cooked enough for my taste - I hate a pale soggy chip.
    Good potato flavour.
    As good as chipper chips get, really.

I'd Dinos in Ballincollig a while back, fish n chips and was impressed, Chis n fibs on Crosshaven is brilliant at times
    Lennoxs carrigaline (changed hands a few months back) their snack box is a better than kfc and chicken, a nice chip also

Been underwhelmed with my last two KCs visits.

Whats the Zicos in Turners Cross like?
    Daycent?

Daycent?

Grand for Pizza, not really a place I'd go for batter sausage and chips etc though. KCs was always overhyped to me so if it was ever your thing hard to recommend anywhere else really.

GoldenFry fish is wonderful.

Augeo wrote: »
    Grand for Pizza, not really a place I'd go for batter sausage and chips etc though. KCs was always overhyped to me so if it was ever your thing hard to recommend anywhere else really.

GoldenFry fish is wonderful.
    Haven't been in a few years but kc's used to do very good, very fresh fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

Haven't been in a few years but kc's used to do very good, very fresh fish.

Vvv overrated mediocre chips etc, now we might have got them at a bad time

Vvv overrated mediocre chips etc, now we might have got them at a bad time

I only mentioned the fish.
    Chips are/were grand. Nothing special.

Augeo wrote: »

I voted Lennox!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Daycent?

sh1te with small portions if thats any good to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Anyone try Toppers on evergreen road ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Yes was in Toppers twice I found it very good must go back there shortly

Advertisement