Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper / fast food in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

The Fry in Ballincollig is probably the best chipper on the west side of the city. Proper chipper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Any time i was in cork it was either hillbillys or dino's, loved those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

Any time i was in cork it was either hillbillys or dino's, loved those places.

Hillbillies ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘just for the greasy chicken and Pat Grace's is not to be sneezed at either

.........Pat Grace's............

John Grace's?
    Used to be a mad spot late at the weekends.
    Iirc a brother of Mr Hillbillies ?

Everyone thinks its the best because it is the best.

Lennoxs bandon Rd gone way down compared to the Lennoxs of old, its just average

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

I noticed that KC's don't seem to be doing burgers anymore...not listed on their website.

Is this true?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Fabio wrote: »
    I noticed that KC's don't seem to be doing burgers anymore...not listed on their website.

Is this true?!

Got rid of them when they switched to the online ordering system, not really sure why

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rhythmics

discostu1 wrote: »
    Yes was in Toppers twice I found it very good must go back there shortly

I only went there once, thought the chips seemed stale or like they were reheated, and the burger was no better than a Rustlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Wasnt my experience and it seems popular with the lads in the Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

Lennox's is so overrated. It's not been great since the 90s. Barties is a much better traditional chipper in that area. Dino's Bishopstown is pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Dennys by the silver key is very nice. Dinos brother owns it. And to the person on about John Grace's your correct its a brother of hillbillies owner runs it. Must try toppers haven't had it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Acosta wrote: »
    Lennox's is so overrated. It's not been great since the 90s. Barties is a much better traditional chipper in that area. Dino's Bishopstown is pretty good too.

Got Barties last week as Donatello’s was closed. I swear to god it was easily the most disgusting muck I have ever got in my life. I got a chicken baguette, wife got a wrap of some sort.

We knew we made a mistake the moment we saw them. Basically the baguette is a soggy mess doused in mayo and not much else. Congealed badly. When I tossed it even my dog had a sniff and walked away from it. Her wrap was little better.

Got a pizza for our daughter and a super valu own brand for €1 would have been nicer in taste and quality.

Chips were just one big soggy ball.

Should have known better as Barties has always been muck. Really no idea why we thought this time would be different.

Dinos isn't a patch.
    Wheres Barties?
    bot43 wrote: »
    Got Barties last week as Donatello’s was closed. I swear to god it was easily the most disgusting muck I have ever got in my life.

Should have known better as Barties has always been muck. Really no idea why we thought this time would be different.

Edit.
    Jasis.
    Don't bother!

Always found Barties decent but I'd imagine the likes of a chicken baguette would be best eaten asap. When I get takeaway that I'm not eating in the car immediately I'd never get vinegar on the chips as they tend not to travel when when after a good sprinkle of vinegar.

bot43 wrote: »
    Got Barties last week as Donatello’s was closed. I swear to god it was easily the most disgusting muck I have ever got in my life. I got a chicken baguette, wife got a wrap of some sort.

We knew we made a mistake the moment we saw them. Basically the baguette is a soggy mess doused in mayo and not much else. Congealed badly. When I tossed it even my dog had a sniff and walked away from it. Her wrap was little better.

Got a pizza for our daughter and a super valu own brand for €1 would have been nicer in taste and quality.

Chips were just one big soggy ball.

Doesn't sound like the Barties I know. Sounds more like a description of what I usually get from Donatello's to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Doesn't sound like the Barties I know. Sounds more like a description of what I usually get from Donatello's to be honest.
    Opinions opinions :)

On a brighter note got a delivery from Quay Pizza the other day. Absolutely top notch.

Depends on the staff at the time in any chipper, Dino's Bishopstown when the main ppl are Irish the portions and standard is better, nothing wrong at all with the non Irish staff but some of them just don't get it, pre covid is queues out the door will tell you who's in and who's not, Irish staff can take 6/7 orders others simply can't, obviously this will improve eventually,
    PS this isn't a racist comment ref non Irish, simply an honest statement of fact, Irish staff in chippers are tops when it comes to multi-tasking orders etc

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Depends on the staff at the time in any chipper, Dino's Bishopstown when the main ppl are Irish the portions and standard is better, nothing wrong at all with the non Irish staff but some of them just don't get it, pre covid is queues out the door will tell you who's in and who's not, Irish staff can take 6/7 orders others simply can't, obviously this will improve eventually,
    PS this isn't a racist comment ref non Irish, simply an honest statement of fact, Irish staff in chippers are tops when it comes to multi-tasking orders etc

Wow.

I'm not racist, but......

Must say that the last several times I've been to Dinos in Bishopstown it's been exclusively eastern European staff and the food has always been top notch.

Must say that the last several times I've been to Dinos in Bishopstown it's been exclusively eastern European staff and the food has always been top notch.

Used go there every Friday pre covid and and if the Irish staff weren't present, portion was always a smaller, wait was awful

• Advertisement

It's never exclusively eastern European, there's always one Irish present, and the little Portuguese lady,every Friday (pre covid)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,559 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Dinos give up the Friday fiver fish meal deal, I know they dropped peas

It's never exclusively eastern European, there's always one Irish present, and the little Portuguese lady,every Friday (pre covid)

Last few times there was s very friendly Irish one running the show. Is she the owner?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

It's sh1te got it last week threw most of it in the bin

Last few times there was s very friendly Irish one running the show. Is she the owner?

Doubt it, heavy girl?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Dinos give up the Friday fiver fish meal deal, I know they dropped peas

Still there fiver Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

PS this isn't a racist comment

If you're explaining....

If you're explaining....

Cop on boy _____ in thus day and age some clowns just wait to jump at any excuse to bring up the race card etc, it's called for the very simple - covering ones hole

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

, it's called for the very simple - covering ones hole

Except it doesn't cover your hole. It merely brings further attention to your racist drivel.

If you feel the need to defend something as "not racist", it most likely is racist to everyone except people with racist views.

• Advertisement

Doubt it, heavy girl?

Not a heavy girl.
    Attractive enough , maybe 40s

Advertisement