Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper / fast food in Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭corks finest

Except it doesn't cover your hole. It merely brings further attention to your racist drivel.

If you feel the need to defend something as "not racist", it most likely is racist to everyone except people with racist views.
    wake up ya woke eejit
    Racist drivel????
    You're some beauty, coming out with that bait

wake up ya woke eejit
    Racist drivel????
    You're some beauty, coming out with that bait

Slan little misguided person

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

This is starting to look like the "Rough Pubs Thread" with all the hard chaws calling each others pints a langer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,183 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Could never get the love for KCs. Dinos in Bishopstown or Blackpool were better.

Lennox is still not bad but nothing like it was in early 2000s

The Golden Fry was always a very solid choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

PreCocious wrote: »
    This is starting to look like the "Rough Pubs Thread" with all the hard chaws calling each others pints a langer.

I don't think anyone could accuse me of being a "hard chaw".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Alright folks keep it civil & on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Could never get the love for KCs. Dinos in Bishopstown or Blackpool were better.

Lennox is still not bad but nothing like it was in early 2000s

The Golden Fry was always a very solid choice.

I think the thing about KC's is it's not a "chipper" chipper. Like if you're going there and expecting normal chipper food with the best chips, you'll probably be disappointed, because the chips are nothing special.

I do like what they do, however, different to the standard stuff everywhere else and reasonably priced.

I think the thing about KC's is it's not a "chipper" chipper. Like if you're going there and expecting normal chipper food with the best chips, you'll probably be disappointed, because the chips are nothing special.

I do like what they do, however, different to the standard stuff everywhere else and reasonably priced.

You need v good chips minium at any chipper, if they can't get the basics right it's a bad start, tbf Dinos chips are nice, kC a average at best, Chis n fibs crosshaven nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Acosta

It's sh1te got it last week threw most of it in the bin

Disappointed to hear that. I used to go regularly and 95% of the time it was top notch. Don't live locally anymore, so have not been for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I disagree tbh, the chips aren't the focus in KC's, they're usually in a pita with other stuff. I'm just saying I don't think it belongs in the same category as the others.

There's hype and anti-hype/hate for KC's think both are fairly cringe tbh. For what it is I really enjoy it, and even when the queue is long they whip through it fairly rapid.

• Advertisement

I disagree tbh, the chips aren't the focus in KC's, they're usually in a pita with other stuff. I'm just saying I don't think it belongs in the same category as the others.

There's hype and anti-hype/hate for KC's think both are fairly cringe tbh. For what it is I really enjoy it, and even when the queue is long they whip through it fairly rapid.

Always enjoy it, but yeah, the way some of my Douglas friends go on about it is borderline cultish.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

golden fry is very good- potato pies are superb

kcs not worth the hassle

hillbillys brest in a bun but only after a few pints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Any views on the best chipper available on Just Eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

unplayable wrote: »
    golden fry is very good- potato pies are superb

kcs not worth the hassle

What hassle would that be in regard to KC's?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

glog wrote: »

It's in Douglas. A town riddled with traffic. A no-go zone.

glog wrote: »

Hear the golden fry is superb

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭glog

Mardyke wrote: »
    It's in Douglas. A town riddled with traffic. A no-go zone.

Are you guessing this is what the other poster meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Chips and curry in Lennox's can't be beat. Nicest curry sauce by a country mile.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Chips and curry in Lennox's can't be beat. Nicest curry sauce by a country mile.

I used to love Hot Stuff's curry sauce.
    Anyone remember them?
    Not a traditional chipper but very successful for a time. Many outlets in Cork.

Had a dinner box before a city away match 3!4 years back it was muck altogether, fried chicken was incenirated - really really dry and hard, last time in there
    Lennoxs on Carrigaline on the other hand the one dinner box we sgstria few weeks ago was as good if not better than kfc chicken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ugh no, its so thick and gloopy.

rob316 wrote: »

I'd try it again sometime as Lennoxs used be Kings of the chipper scene in Cork and ppl keep raving about it

That's why folk like it. Incomparable to the awful, watery stuff most places lash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I remember years ago the Golden Fry used to do roast chicken and gravy on chips. Do they still do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

It's the bits of corn and everything else in it that make it. Like poster above said, many places it's just like brown water. Their chicken fillet burgers & drum sticks are very tasty too but it's their chips n curry sauce that stand out.

unplayable wrote: »

Christ, I'd love that and some gravy fries now. And I'm not even pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,559 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I used to love Hot Stuff's curry sauce.
    Anyone remember them?
    Not a traditional chipper but very successful for a time. Many outlets in Cork.

Were they on Washington Street, very cheap, liked their mini snack box

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Were they on Washington Street, very cheap, liked their mini snack box

They had a load of outlets.
    Anglesey Street, Washington Street (2 I think) , South Main Street (I think), St Patrick's Street Oliver Plunkett Street and probably more.

I don't remember them being particularly cheap - probably slightly more expensive than the traditional chippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rhythmics

After laughing at the name since it opened, I finally tried Pizza Daddy last week.

I was very impressed! Got a doner kebab, which had a huuuuuge pile of meat, and the chips were fantastic. Probably among the best chips I've had in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,559 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rhythmics wrote: »
    After laughing at the name since it opened, I finally tried Pizza Daddy last week.

I was very impressed! Got a doner kebab, which had a huuuuuge pile of meat, and the chips were fantastic. Probably among the best chips I've had in Cork.

Where is that?

Advertisement