Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper / fast food in Cork

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I'm afraid I cannot vote in this as it only allows ONE vote.

As a frequent visitor to ALL the above I'd like to 'rate' them rather than saying one is best as it's all just as good as your last meal.

When Neil Prenderville got a sample from one outlet he was gushing ans said you could feed an army on this stuff and great value at €15 ~ however his 'grup spy' reported a totally different story, small over priced and disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Lennoxs Bandon Road isn't even worth a mention! Yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

kcb wrote: »
    Ditto. Could never understand the popularity. Pure Irish-Ray D'Arcy-following-the-herd mentality I put it down to.

Ya, either that or people actually like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

kingtut wrote: »
    blasphemer :D
    In fairness the poll says different

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

kingtut wrote: »

confused much?

• Advertisement

Just finished the Jackie Lennox Good Friday special, potatoe pie, onion rings and garlic mayo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Lennox's up on Bandon Road ran out of fish tonight. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

blasphemer :D
    In fairness the poll says different

Not my fault people have taste buds that don't work :D
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    confused much?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

KC's isn't amazing, it's nice, their chips+cheese and stuff is good, the rest is just a good twist on crap food.

Lennoxs (any Lennoxs) has no taste, their food looks good but has no taste. Honestly I think half the popularity is the reputation, every time I go there I regret it.

The best burger from a take away in the city (besides the XL bacon double chee from Burger King) is Istanbul, they do really good burgers!

The best chips are Pizza d'Italia on Washington Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mugha balls

the best chipper of all in cork city is tatsy snacks churchfield and i wont accept any argument on that.The only problem i find up there is the fire brigade and fuzz or given prefrence in the que up there whats that about

• Advertisement

The only problem i find up there is the fire brigade and fuzz or given prefrence in the que up there whats that about

At a guess I would think it is because they are the emergency services and many establishments and patrons alike realise that letting them skip the queue is a decent gesture, might be the difference in them actually being able to eat their grub or not.

Regarding Tasty Snacks, had stuff from there years ago, nothing special.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Another vote for KC's here.
    Had Lennox's before and TBH was not impressed, maybe I was expecting too much, not being from Cork and hearing everyone rant about it I had to try it.
    But just didn't do it for me.

I LOVE KC's however, the food is great quality and a lot different from what other places offer.

I would have stuck in a vote for the Bacon double cheese in BK too if I could :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I think some people are getting their Lennox's mixed up. There's only one Jackie Lennox. :D

RoverJames wrote: »
    At a guess I would think it is because they are the emergency services and many establishments and patrons alike realise that letting them skip the queue is a decent gesture, might be the difference in them actually being able to eat their grub or not.

Regarding Tasty Snacks, had stuff from there years ago, nothing special.
    Does that mean I'm a second class citizen,who s to say I haven t important things on there s nothin more I hate than fuzz lovers, oh here take my spot your more important than me I stand here quietly and let u jump the qeue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Dean820 wrote: »
    I think some people are getting their Lennox's mixed up. There's only one Jackie Lennox. :D

The real Lennox's. :)

Does that mean I'm a second class citizen,who s to say I haven t important things on there s nothin more I hate than fuzz lovers, oh here take my spot your more important than me I stand here quietly and let u jump the qeue

I'm not a fuzz lover, do you have a problem with the fire brigade too or just the fuzz. Why not make your point to the management of tasty snacks if their policy bothers you so much?

roverjames thats a fair point im going to do that im sick of those fire men jumpin the queue as if there real heros like those boys in new york,thanks for that remember TRUST IN THE MUGHA

roverjames thats a fair point im going to do that im sick of those fire men jumpin the queue as if there real heros like those boys in new york,thanks for that remember TRUST IN THE MUGHA

Next time you are in Washington Street have a peak at the plaque on the building a door or two up from prime time, it is in memory of a fireman, Richard Beecher, who died on duty way back in 1975 fighting a fire, aged 23. Fire is fire, New York or Cork.

apology ,fair point i wasnt aware of that,is that good local knowledge or affiliation it was just a bit of consumer pride on my behalf

I wasn't born until 1980, I think Dad unveiled that, RB was his brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭antlyn

Back to the chips, had an unreal kcs on Saturday, therefore they get my vote. However I do love Jackies also. However even though it's not in the city DeBarras in Blarney is excellent! Lovely chips, yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Worztron

KC's is the best KING CREOLLEE!"!! :D

KC's Chipper Cam

What other chippers have a Que Cam!!! :cool::cool:

Is there only 1 KC chippers and is that web cam in Douglas KCs?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭stephenpalmer

Worztron wrote: »
    Is there only 1 KC chippers and is that web cam in Douglas KCs?

Good question. Yes I think its the only one. I could be wrong though. But yes that is the one from Douglas the Que cam :)

Cheers stephenpalmer. I can see people in that webcam now. I must get to KCs sometime as I've heard a lot of good things about it. :)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Just back from CF lennox in Ballypheane.

The place has gone down hill like crazy. No deep fried mars bars, Rude/Incompetent Staff, and they charged me for a carrier bag. First time this has ever happened to me in a chipper. Food now below average.

<Main loss is the mars bars, anyone know who else does them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

maglite wrote: »
    <Main loss is the mars bars, anyone know who else does them?

They're only trying to save your heart maglite, you can't knock them for caring for your health :pac: The carrier bag is poor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Jackie Lennox's - everything in their is pre-cooked. Hence the burgers are all squashed and squidgy and the chips are just bags of grease. I'm truly gobsmacked that this is the most popular chipper in Cork.

Watkins Food Hall on Mardyke St FTW! When it bothers to open, that is.

maglite wrote: »
    Just back from CF lennox in Ballypheane

Is that CF Lennox the same crowd as Lennox on Anglesea? It must lead to a lot of confusion with Bandon Road Jackie Lennon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

grenache wrote: »
    Watkins Food Hall on Mardyke St FTW! When it bothers to open, that is.

Haven' lived in Cork for a while - is that where the Grub Tub used to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Went to J Lennoxs tonight first time in a few years and to be honest it was fairly poor. Is it just trading on reputation now or was it a bad night.

Advertisement