Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ouch! Need to get my molar tooth done...

• 31-07-2007 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My wisdom teeth are coming up and are compacting against my back molars. One of them (on the right) is already after breaking and all I have leftt of it is half, this was caused by decay caused by food becoming lodged between my molard and wisdom.

My dentist said that I could have a root canal and then a cap. She said I will need my wisdoms surgicaly removed.

I am wondering:

(a) whether I should ask her to pull the full molar as I will probably always have some kind of problem with it from year to year. An if I have the root canal and cap done won't the surgeon removing the wisdom inevitably damage the capped molar?

(b) if I do have it removed what kind of problems will I likely encounter? Will I have difficulties eating??

(c) if I have the molard removed will this mean that I can keep the wisdom on that side as a replacement?

Advertisement