Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Sligo?

Options
  • 31-07-2007 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Anyone got any ideas for things to do in Sligo over a weekend for a gang of about 20 in their 20's?
    Is there paintball or something along those lines?I couldn't find any info on the net about things to do.All those stag and hen parties converging on Sligo must be taking part in group activities besides drinking.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Organise a surfing class
    Climb a mountain
    Pitch n putt
    Clay pidgeon shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

All those stag and hen parties converging on Sligo must be taking part in group activities besides drinking.:confused:

Generally not!

Are ye into Golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slavigo

I hear the clay pigeon shooting in Riverstown is very good. I haven't been but from talking to a few people who have, they all seem to come back with positive stories. A quick search on google should come up with some contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There's no paintballing or go karting. Surfing, golf, horseriding, shooting or fishing. Can't think of anything else really. There's alot more hen nights than stag nights, and hen parties mostly seem to go shopping or go to a spa.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭daveboy01

I went clay pigeon shooting in Sligo on my stag. Really good craic - I would recommend it - it's a fair bit outside town though, about half an hour, and is difficult enough to find if you don't know the area.
    Lough Bo Shooting Centre 071 9165141
    Next best bet I'd say would be surfing - I think there's at least one surfing school in Strandhill that's supposed to be quite well organised.
    And then of course there's always golf at Strandhill, Rosses Point, Enniscrone or Castle Dargan. Or pitch'n'putt at Berties..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 the mighty elk

Thanks for the help.Clay pigeon shooting sounds like a good one.
    No ones really into golf.
    Nothings really replaced the go karting track in skreen since it closed all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Thanks for the help.Clay pigeon shooting sounds like a good one.
    No ones really into golf.
    Nothings really replaced the go karting track in skreen since it closed all those years ago.

WHAT, they closed that place, WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

There used to be one in Finisklin too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭vesp

there are adult sailing courses in Rosses Point ( Sligo Yacht Club ) as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 26 the mighty elk

nanook wrote:
    WHAT, they closed that place, WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I think there was a death in the family and they never re-opened after it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement