Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6300 - any good?

• 31-07-2007 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Has anyone used one of these?

I got one two weeks ago and only got one day out of the battery so they gave me a new one. I had this one two days and it won't re-charge!

Has anyone had any similar problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

hot fuss wrote:
    Has anyone used one of these?

I got one two weeks ago and only got one day out of the battery so they gave me a new one. I had this one two days and it won't re-charge!

Has anyone had any similar problems?

My guess why it wont recharge is because of the charger not the battery/phone. I bought one a few weeks back and the charger stopped working after one charge, brought the charger back and they said that there is a problem with some of them so they just swapped the charger for a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

I thought it was the charger at first alright but the charger works fine on my husband's phone.

I guess I'll just hope for 3rd time lucky as I do really like the phone but can't be doing with a dead one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

I'm on my second one and not because there was a problem with the first but because I discovered it wasn't water proof after a couple of hours on full cycle in the washing machine!

Outside of that, both units have been completely trouble free and it feels great to use as well as having good build quality. Battery life could be better though. I use mine a lot and I average between 1 and 2 days depending on usage....and occasionally less than 1 day.

Overall I would recommend the phone strongly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Mines been working fine for me, I have it about a week. Battery life isnt bad either about 3 days with the bluetooth on (for the car kit)
    happy with it so far

that's good to know - cheers for that.

Was just considering getting a different model alltogether after the hassle with the first too, but sounds like it was just bad luck.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Is the texting not a bit backward for Nokias? I couldn't make head nor tail of it when I tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

on that subject - anyone noticed how flimsy the new Nokia chargers are? Wire is way too thin.
    After the farce that was the 6111 they'd really want to start re-hiring in Quality Control

cast_iron wrote:
    Is the texting not a bit backward for Nokias? I couldn't make head nor tail of it when I tried it.

I find the texting fine. I know what you mean about having to 'add' a recipient but that makes it handy if sending to multiple recipients.

I think the whole menu system is more 'computer' like with save buttons on the screen and the multiple recipient text being more like e-mail.

I do agree the wire on the charger is way too flimsy. I don't know why they had to change that.

Advertisement