Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

www.driveadeal.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

OKenora wrote:
    Totally pointless rant about "advertising" and even more pointless editing.....The topic title is www.driveadeal.ie, maybe all references to that URL should be removed too as it's blatant advertising ? Then again this topic would have little point if it was removed (as if it has much anyway)

While you are editing, edit out every other url or phone number on boards that is likely to generate business for anyone, oh wait that would be stupid and pointless too.

I have no problem with the title, it was a genuine query. I have no peoblem with people sharing experiences of good service from any company or recomending a company.
    When a company or a representative of a company seeks to promote their own business, that's where I draw the line, I don't think it's on. The charter for this board says the same.
    Maybe it's the type of service that this guy is promoting and the fact that I've got nuisance calls from similar in the past that gets my back up. If they haven't got a high enough profile to get customers onto their books, they should buy some advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

By posting my URL's, personal email address and my mobile telephone number I made a very clear statment that we simply have nothing to hide. As a company we buy and sell cars for a living and many advertisers are indeed very happy to sell us their vehicles. It seems that most, if not all, didnt take the time out to check the website out which I wont repeat least I offend anybody again!!
    If you're selling a car we may want to buy it. Hope this helps.

The practice of companies soliciting people to advertise with them by trawling through adds published elsewhere really annoys me, in case it wasn't already obvious. I do have two questions for you all the same

1. Do you buy cars into stock?
    2. If so, do you source these in small adds such as in the buy and sell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Chris Scallon

Yes we buy cars into stock and we sell them. I have been in the motor business for over 20 years. Anyone in the Limerick area would most probably have heard of me. I opened Ireland's first car supermarket in Limerick back in 2001 and one in Galway and Cork. I won't add the name as that would be advertising a company that I sold some years back. With regard to advertising you can find our leaseing company in the Limerick Post most weeks (No Names Again). I have always used the small adds to find cars and also web sites. Without trying to advertise our services I would like any one to find a company that takes the phone calls for you on your car for sale and because we offer the lowest rates of car finance in Ireland makes their car as affordable as we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Chris can you explain how you obtain telephone numbers for text advertising?
    I always go private for cars so don't get these texts.

Unfortunately I dont really understand the question.. We buy cars from companies and private individuals alike and have been doing so in limerick in excess of 6 years. In fact we are often the only people that will do it as dealers often refuse to do so even though they've sold the car in the first place and most likely made a handsome profit. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What a bow licks thread "Has anyone heard" and shock bleeding horror the owner just happens to appear on boards too!! Fate is magic isn't it!

yop wrote:
    What a bow licks thread "Has anyone heard" and shock bleeding horror the owner just happens to appear on boards too!! Fate is magic isn't it!

We were totally unaware of any conversation concerning out business until we received and email at approx 12.30 telling us that we'd been rumbled, that we were charging €20 more than carzone and that our website was **** with a link to this thread!!
    The last time I came across something like this it was sent by a web designer trying to gain more business. I cant quite remember the name of the company but it was something to do with light and they were based in Ranelagh Dublin. I understand they often use this ploy to extract large amounts of money on web design thats totally unnecessary!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

We were totally unaware of any conversation concerning out business until we received and email at approx 12.30 telling us that we'd been rumbled, that we were charging €20 more than carzone and that our website was **** with a link to this thread!!
    The last time I came across something like this it was sent by a web designer trying to gain more business. I cant quite remember the name of the company but it was something to do with light and they were based in Ranelagh Dublin. I understand they often use this ploy to extract large amounts of money on web design thats totally unnecessary!!

Chris, i dont think you should be sending unsolicited text messages advertising your business, slap on the wrist for that one, tis against the law to be generating potential client lists from the likes of buy and sell, maybe you were unaware of this.
    As for the nature and quality of your business, i dont think that is in question here, you are a second hand car salesman after all........ :D

I need to run now and will be back in the morning. Thanks for all your coments. Getting back to the question in hand Try it see what happens. Most of you have my details. I am here to help.

Regards & Thanks

Chris Scallon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

steve06 wrote:
    carzone don't cold call and I know that for a fact... are you sure it wasn't autotrader?

It was more than likely Car Buyers Guide, the king of the cold callers. They have a whole team of people based in Sandyford cold calling people who put ads in Autotrader and also Buy & Sell. Obviously staff turnover is extremely high when your cold calling all day long, which explains why they have several "Sales Executive" jobs advertised permanently on their own website and also on www.jobs.ie. These jobs have been permanently advertised for around two years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

OKenora wrote:
    Then again this topic would have little point if it was removed (as if it has much anyway)

I thought this was a forum? I had a question and I asked in the right forum so whats the problem? I didn't ask him ( the business owner) to come on.

I want to say AGAIN that I have nothing to do with this company its a genuine question and BOARDS.ie is hardly an anonymous little forum hiding in a hole in the internet......I'm sure he may have heard it off someone.

Anyway I've decided against the idea and will advertise it myself.
    Thanks everyone with helpful replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

I need to run now and will be back in the morning. Thanks for all your coments. Getting back to the question in hand Try it see what happens. Most of you have my details. I am here to help.

Regards & Thanks

Chris Scallon

Your charging €50 euro per ad to private sellers! This is completely against your agreement with carzone.ie...

Check the T&C

4.6 The Advertiser warrants that: a) it is a motor dealer and it has (or the relevant motor dealer it is acting on behalf of has) the right to offer for sale any vehicle advertised by it and it will not use the site to offer vehicle resale on behalf of undisclosed third parties.

BTW... sorry about the signature... nearly as bad as him!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Wow Chris that's very professional and mature of you... I ask you a few questions that you don't like and you can't answer so you look me up, find my company and discredit my company by trying to start a rumour that I'm a "web designer trying to gain more business" by using a "ploy to extract large amounts of money on web design"... It's laughable, actually it's slander too.

Goes to show what kind of person you are, hope you get banned.

Advertisement