Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband option in Tyrrelstown ?

Options
  • 31-07-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My mate has asked me to look into BB in Tyrrelstown (Dublin 15) for him.
    He was with NTL in Tyrrelstown, and they were terrible - very flaky service, especially for VoIP (he was with voipireland).

Any suggestions as to who he should go with ?

He's also willing to get a phone line again (he had got rid of it) as long as the service is reliable and reasonably fast.

I'm currently reading through all the various posts, but someone may have a good recommendation for that particular area, as "Tyrrelstown" doesn't get any recent info on a search of the BB forum

Thanks !

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I've recently moved out of Tyrrelstown and had NTL when I was there. It seems to be hit and miss with NTL broadband there. Mine was perfect. Never an issue and speeds were always good. All the DSL re-sellers are available as is Clearwire. One of the DSL re-sellers would be the best bet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

He should be able to get smart, as they seem to be on the D15 exchange now.

Don't think smart are in Tyrrelstown yet. At least when I rang them a while ago they had no plans to be there soon and the line checker says they're not there!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭aoc

Magnet and Imagine are available in the area as well.
    I was with NTL and it worked well, never had a phoneline.

Cheers
    AOC

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

LFCFan wrote:
    Don't think smart are in Tyrrelstown yet. At least when I rang them a while ago they had no plans to be there soon and the line checker says they're not there!

Got a leaflet in the door from Smart saying they are now in my area (Tyrrelstown) about 2 months ago. Best way to be certain is to ring them.

• Advertisement

Automan wrote:
    Got a leaflet in the door from Smart saying they are now in my area (Tyrrelstown) about 2 months ago. Best way to be certain is to ring them.
    They'd want to update their line checker so :)

Advertisement