Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courses in Graphic Design

Options
  • 31-07-2007 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hiya,

Has anyone out there completed any PLC courses in Graphic Design in the Dublin area?

Looking to go into the industry and looking at my options out there?/

any advice greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

I did a 6 month full time course that was a paid job to learn DTP (desk top publishing). In the 6 months I was introduced to Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator, with some basic HTML course too. This was enough to get me into a prepress department in a printing company as a trainee. I know that FAS did try and set up a DTP level 2 course later on in the year, I'm not sure if they ever did.

It was a good way to introduce me to the software that I would need, I still had no clue how to "design". It was only after getting more training in a prepress department that I learnt the in's and out's of designing. I was started on buisness cards, compliment slips and letterheads and I dreaded doing my first booklet of 8 pages as it seemed a huge task. But now I design and publish over 30 books a year along with instruction manuals, flyers, brochures and et al.

I did the DTP course in 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maria C

Thanks Hank,

Was this a Desk Top Publishing course with FAS that you did?

Advertisement