Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used part suppliers?

Options
  • 31-07-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Not a problem thread, whoo:D

I'm looking for a roof rack for my 2002 Long Wheel Base, High Roof Ford Transit. Ideally with a removable ladder (because I have my logo and info on the back so don't want it covered by a ladder). I wont be using it too often so I'm willing to wait a bit if it means I can get a good deal but I've been looking in the buyandsell/ebay for a few weeks and nothing is popping up. They cost the guts of 1K to buy new and I'm not prepared to spend that much.

Does anyone know of anywhere that supplies used items such as this (scrapyard said they are usually taken by the time they get their hands on the vehicle, so where do they go I wonder?

I'm also looking to get a bulkhead put in but the way the passenger seats are means it has to be curved so it's not as simple as putting in a sheet of ply. Would also like a shelf above my head. All adds up to quite a bit though so would like to just get them previously used if possible:)

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

scrapyard in tyrone maybe:

www.traynors.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

You could always try talking to some Ford dealers. If they have used vehicles or some to come back with a ladder / rack on they may sell them to you seperately as it won't add to the value of a van on the forecourt.

Try Lillis O'Donnell - one of the biggest commercial sales departments and I know they used to deal with a company who specified what you are looking at, or maybe Naas van centre - Dermot McDermot is the main man as far as Ford Vans are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the link, don't know how you got so many search results on ebay crosstownk, when I tried I only got 3 or 4:o

I've been looking on carzone aswell to see if there's any vans for sale with the rack on them but no luck so far. I may as well give Lillies and the other guy a ring and tell them I'm looking for one:) Will try the place in Tyrone too:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I'd 2nd Traynors, used them a load of times and saved a nice few euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Tried Traynors, Lillies and your man Dermot, no luck with any of them:(

I'll keep an eye on ebay, anyone any idea how much shipping from the UK for one would be?:o

I'm also looking for a bulkhead but would prefer a wooden one so I can put a hinge on it to allow me to hop in the back and go out the back door if I'm in a tight alley;)

Advertisement