Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway

Options
  • 31-07-2007 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hey, I'm heading to Galway this Friday - can anyone suggest any good bars/clubs/restaurants........??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

what music you into? what food do you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CaroleLynch

I guess as it's the bank holiday we're really looking for the bars in the city centre where there'll be good craic... can you suggest any good day time drinking bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Ah jeez, there's plenty to choose from really, and seen as its race week, you'll find any pub will be busy, and its likely that people will be drinking on the street. (They were last weekend anyway!)

Any of the pubs on Quay St. are good, (down by Spanish Arch) and there's a few on the corner of Quay St and shop street called Buskers, Front Door etc etc. The Roisin Dubh is good for live stuff, but I don't know whats going on there this weekend.

So my advice, pick a random pub, if it sucks, walk for a minute down the street, pick another!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Stay on Quay street this weekend it'll be mental :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

It's Race week this week so I don't know if you need a pub!!!!

Everywhere is crazy race week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

search.
    board.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Earlier threads and suggestions but really just follow the noise. This coming weekend is the busiest of the year in Ireland, any town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Heading there the weekend after next, where's nice to eat..? we are not into any particular kind of food, just a nice restaurant with good food, athmosphere, and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Femmy wrote:
    Heading there the weekend after next, where's nice to eat..? we are not into any particular kind of food, just a nice restaurant with good food, athmosphere, and service.

This thread has some very decent recommendations. There are tons of nice places to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

Cookes restuarant off shop street
    I found it a good spot to eat before the pubs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement