Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle Eastern Food...???

Options
  • 31-07-2007 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Louth,preferable Dundalk, to get a decent bit of middle eastern food... hummous, falafel and the like!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

There's the Pujab House on Park Street. I always enjoy an Indian in there. The crowd that own The Jade Garden are opening a Malaysian* type restaurant at the Adelphi in the town centre.

There is a new gourmet deli type shop on Park St. which does Hummus. The shop is similar in style to Fallon & Byrne in Dublin. My favorite place for Hummus is Zest at the square on town across from the court house.

Is this the type of thing you're looking for?

*Can't be sure if it is Malaysian, this is just what I've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Love the Punjab House for take-aways especially! :D

And will try Zest sometime soon!

But looking for somewhere to sit down with a beer or a glass of wine and nibble away a few hours with olives, hummous, flat bread... IYKWIM?!

Am I dreaming but is there or used there be a Lebanese/Greek/Turkish type restaurant in Dundalk???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

sudzs wrote:
    But looking for somewhere to sit down with a beer or a glass of wine and nibble away a few hours with olives, hummous, flat bread... IYKWIM?!
    I wish there was such a place.
    Am I dreaming but is there or used there be a Lebanese/Greek/Turkish type restaurant in Dundalk???
    Not that I'm aware of. Let me know if you find one.

Yeah, Dundalk is crying out for a tapas place.... with hummous!!! :D

If you're a vegetarian and want a bit of grub with a pint you're doomed! It's all burgers and chicken and chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

sudzs wrote:

There was indeed a Lebanese restaurant (it was Halal), it was across from Courtneys in Park St, I think its now an Italian Restaurant.
    It was called something like "Al Saalam" I thought the food in it was lovely.

• Advertisement

annex wrote:
    There was indeed a Lebanese restaurant (it was Halal), it was across from Courtneys in Park St, I think its now an Italian Restaurant.
    It was called something like "Al Saalam" I thought the food in it was lovely.

was it there about a year ago??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

It would have been there about a year ago. I think their downfall was the council wouldn't let them provide a take away service. I'd have imagined a take away would have seen more customers through the doors.
    I didn't understand how The Jade was/is allowed serve take away and Al Saalam wasn't.

I knew I wasn't dreaming! I did see it!!! :D

Pity it's gone though.

Advertisement