Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barricades around drinking areas.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Have to say, was out lastnight & think it's a great idea. No glass to be walked on & made so much sense!

I couldn't help but notice LOTS of glass bottles (Not smashed but not far off) of beer/cider etc. outside the area of Busker's.

The place was mobbed last night, took over 20 mins to get from Jury's Inn to Supermacs at Cross street via. Quay Street. Savage craic though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Can't say I saw one and was as sober as a judge what with the bub & all, that's weird!

Can't say I saw one and was as sober as a judge what with the bub & all, that's weird!

I was kinda shocked TBH, I guess some people just managed to sneek bottles past the bar bouncers and dropped them when empty. There wasn't LOADS of them, but I definately saw around 10 - 15 in a bunch on the kerb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

JohnCleary wrote:
    I couldn't help but notice LOTS of glass bottles (Not smashed but not far off) of beer/cider etc. outside the area of Busker's.
    Same as Wed night aswell,the crowds were too much,barriers were as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was out last night I had no idea we weren't to bring drink past the barriers, I brought in a naggin of malibu and was drinking it while queuing for the atm and no-one said a word to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Piste wrote:
    I was out last night I had no idea we weren't to bring drink past the barriers, I brought in a naggin of malibu and was drinking it while queuing for the atm and no-one said a word to me!

If its the ATM on Mainguard St you're talking about, that was outside the barriers IIRC

Piste wrote:

Arent naggins of Malibu plastic? :D

That's what I thought...although maybe it's changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

The barriers were pointless in the end, they didn't work.I met plenty of people inside the area with bottles,cans etc.My friends brought in bottles of buckfast on a number of nights and not a word was said,simple fact is with the amount of people around it cannot be controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

ya didnt have to be a genius to get drink past the barriers..we did and in the process of drinkin a fine can of cider the bouncer from the quays came over and told us The gardai said it was illegal to drink off licence from the streets!!

Eh HELLO!! So Its grand to drink on the street as long as from a quay street pub..anywhere else and its an offence.

• Advertisement

Seemingly that's true so my friends put their cans into plastic glasses!

Seemingly that's true so my friends put their cans into plastic glasses!

Aye I had my naggin and 2 cans of RedBull in a bottle of Galway Water. If anyone asked i'd just have said it's the tap water :D

Advertisement