Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick roads filthy!! am i the only 1 sick of cleaning my car!!

Options
  • 31-07-2007 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Limerick god bless it is like a massive building site.. its impossible to keep my car clean! the builders dont seem to care.. i see that out by the crescent where the new road is the now have 2 sweepers at each side of the road.. but it makes no difference!! im thinking of sending a car wash bill to the council or to the contractors or something!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Limerick roads are always dirthy . I first took real notice when I was trying to take a picture for Billy's 'photograph Limerick in May ' , every photo I tried to take was ruined by the state of the roads , you had to lift the frame to keep the roads out of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

i like washing my car, but Limerick roads are filthy and the rain is equally dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think by law a construction company is required to clean the public roads where there is heavy machinery accessing their site everyday. Not sure on the specifics though and it is rarely the case at any site I have seen. The extension to the Parkway retail park being a case in point, the Dublin road is always destroyed in muck from the tipper trucks. I find the Dock road around the Irish Cement factory to be the worst too. Just one trip on that road and the car is totally wrecked in muck, and god help you if your stuck behind one of the dozens of tipper trucks on the roads.

And the reason I reckon it is probably cleaned at the Cresent frequently might be down to the fact that the Limerick County Council offices are very close by.

Saying all that and to be fair it is very difficult to clean the roads outside these sites with the constant rain we have had over the last 2 months.

Maybe an easier solution would be to powerhose the machinery as they leave the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

yeah very bad around Coonagh. Lucky i don`t have an 07

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I drove down the dock road a couple of weeks ago. The car got so dirty (just after washing it!) it was kinda funny. I was right behind the guy spreading water to damp down the dirt. Urgh.

Condell road is pretty bad now, usually use the ennis road now to get to shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

yeah very bad around Coonagh. Lucky i don`t have an 07

I use the road down to the new bridge to practise for the Paris-Dakar Rally ..... :p

that's what I tell peeps when they ask why my car is covered from head to toe in a complete layer of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ...... :(

Advertisement