Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smiley question

Options
  • 31-07-2007 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I was in Dublin recently, and I wanted to get a straight barbell for my smiley to hide it when I go back to school. So, I went into the first piercing place I saw-Metalmorphosis-and asked the woman at the desk for that. She told me quite rudely that straight bars couldn't be worn in a smiley piercing. I should have asked why but anyway, I left and got one in Celestial Ring and there was no problem there.

The question is...was she right? I've put it in just to test it out, and yes, it's slightly more uncomfortable than the ring, but is there any reason why I couldn't wear it all the time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i have a small curved barbell in mine and it would probably suit you more to get that,I keep it flipped up so no one can see it unless i want to show them

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Actually on the subject... I got my frowny pierced yesterday, but the ball came off today. My piercer has gone on holidays so can't ask him to screw it back on. In a spot of bother as it's really awkward.
    Anyone any tips for trying to get it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

L&#233 wrote: »
    Actually on the subject... I got my frowny pierced yesterday, but the ball came off today. My piercer has gone on holidays so can't ask him to screw it back on. In a spot of bother as it's really awkward.
    Anyone any tips for trying to get it on?
    Hey, you were the frownie girl? I saw the picture (I'm assuming it was done in Oblivion)

If I'm having a problem screwing on balls, if you can't get a hold of a pair of gloves, try using a bit of tissue paper enough to grip the ball enough so that you can rotate it. Maybe convince a friend to do it while you hold your lip in place.

Failing that, pop into another piercer like Carol in Tattoo Zoo, she's good for stuff like that...

yeah they can be a bitch to get back on,it took me around 30 mins to get the ball on after i pierced it,I used tissue paper to dry everything first it really helps

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Gauge wrote:
    Hey, you were the frownie girl? I saw the picture (I'm assuming it was done in Oblivion)

If I'm having a problem screwing on balls, if you can't get a hold of a pair of gloves, try using a bit of tissue paper enough to grip the ball enough so that you can rotate it. Maybe convince a friend to do it while you hold your lip in place.

Failing that, pop into another piercer like Carol in Tattoo Zoo, she's good for stuff like that...

Lol!!
    Yeah i'm the frownie girl! Cody's idea, went in to say hi, came out with two new piercings :D . I need to stop doing that!

Cheers for the advice, you too Sarannewrap. Took like a half hour but finally managed to get it on (tissue is my friend). To be sure got a tweezers to tighten the ball :D

• Advertisement

yeah its grand now:)have it about a month,its the best piercing ever it felt healed the next day

Yeah I'm dreading changing the jewelry in my tongue. I just know I'm going to feck it up! Stupid slippery oral piercings. I want a frownie though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

heh, tell me about it, i CANNOT seem to get the lil ball back into my lip ring... had to take it out last monday cos starting with a new client, but had been trying to put it all back in since then, and holy crap, its just not possible!

I loosen all my rings ever so slightly so I can pop the ball in and out for work and easy changing. I bought my first set of ring opening and closing pliers last week and I can't stop playing with them!

you can do that?! haha, im such a n00b with piercings and stuff...

i remember having fierce hassle wtih my bellyring at first, but its a piece of cake now... but i CANNOT figure out the lip one...

ended up in town yesterday and popped into celestial ring, and they popped it back in for me :)

• Advertisement

Well I couldn't do it for years til I robbed my dad's needle nosed pliers... I ruined a few cbrs at first but eventually I got a technique down!

times like this i wish i lived with my parents... htey have stuff to steal! :cool:

meh, i probably wont take it out for ages agian anyway.

Advertisement