Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby changing facilities in shops etc.in Galway

Options
  • 31-07-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

I have a new baby and am trying to get a list of places (restaurants, hotels, shops etc.) that have baby changing facilities. Does anyone know of any other places?
    So far I have
    • Boots
    • Debenhams 1st floor
    • Milanos
    • McSwigians
    • Museum (Spanish Arch
    • Huntsman
    • Living Room
    • Mothercare (Eyre Square Centre). There are seats,changing bench with paper provided and a sink to wash after.

Cheers,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

dinneenp wrote:
    I think you've got most of them covered there. I've added a couple and commented on the ones you've listed (though I know you didn't ask for comments).

There is also a changing room in the Headford Road (Tescos) shopping centre which has private cubicles which I suppose is handy for breastfeeding (if the place didn't stink so much).
    • Boots: Mostly clean though sometimes the nappy bin could do with changing/ empying more often. There's a feeding area with a curtain which is good if you're breastfeeding. You have to ask for the key at the photograph section.
    • Debenhams 1st floor: Good if mommy or daddy or big bro or sister need to use the loo too. (Very few places have toilets and changing room together)
    • Living Room : very handy downstairs changing room combined with wheelchair accessible toilet, again very handy if others need the loo.
    • Mothercare (Eyre Square Centre). There are seats,changing bench with paper provided and a sink to wash after. Very clean.. best of the bunch I'd say but there is no private area.
    • Eyre Square Centre (genral changing room). It's a tiny little room which now has a small kidds toilet in it which is handy if you've got bigger kids as well as baby. Getting the buggy in and out of it is the biggest challenge.

**Eyre Square Centre: If mommy or daddy need the loo too and you've got a toddler and a baby in a buggy the security guys have no problem giving you the key of the wheelchair accessible toilet. I think there might be a changing table in there too.

What I've found most difficult is finding somewhere that you go to the loo yourself and bring baby and toddler in. This gets even more difficult for daddy bringing daughter to the toilet....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Invariably a McDonalds will have one. Although only use it when they are at the baby stage. ;)

Advertisement