Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unsubscribe from XBOX Live

• 31-07-2007 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

hey,
    i entered my credit card when signing up for XBOX Live and now they charge me every year, how do i get it out ?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

try Xbox Customer Support at 1 800 509 186.
    I was able to get rerfund from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Placebo wrote:
    hey,
    i entered my credit card when signing up for XBOX Live and now they charge me every year, how do i get it out ?:(

Upgrade to teh 360, then the fun begins!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i just dont what it renewed like, i dont want to cancel my current one.
    id like to find out when it renews aswell, il give em a call. wonder how theyll know who i am?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

Placebo wrote:
    i just dont what it renewed like, i dont want to cancel my current one.
    id like to find out when it renews aswell, il give em a call. wonder how theyll know who i am?
    tell them to read out details of credit cards they have and you will stop them when you hear yours :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

omg people that work their sound SOO WEIRD. really odd accents and too punctual !
    they said that they can only refund if its used for less than 2 months, think ive clocked up 8 mois!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Old thread I know but I have two accounts on XBL; one I created on xbox.com and recovered it which then bought a one month gold sub on XBL; the second I created on the 360 and I got a months free gold sub which I then turned into a 3 month sub using the same cc as the first account.

Problem happened when the first account auto renewed on me even tho I'm not using it :mad:

Rang xbox support last night and they cancelled my cc details which removed it from both accounts. It also cancelled my bloody 3 month live account which I'd only got maybe 2 weeks use out of :(

I'm pretty sure that the girl on the phone said they would only refund yearly subs.

Is this true? I know it's only €20 for the 3 months but it's the principal of the damn thing.

It can't be that hard to add a "Auto Renew XBL Sub On/Off" option to the dashboard can it? :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I would assume that they have to refund you if they cancelled both accounts. That is their mistake, and if you are persistent enough, they will refund you, or at the very least reactivate the account with your remaining time.

And they definatly need to make it easier to unsubscribe. There should definatly be an online option to cancel your account.

I'll give them a ring again after work and see what can be done.

Glad I got my forza2 downloads before I called last night tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

microsoft outsource their calls

as far as i know your call is going to one of those indian countries

many companies now outsource customer service to other countries as its cheaper.

Every xbox customer service person i have spoken to has been an indian accent of some sort...and very helpful

as far as i know dell do it, meteor go australia and eircom go european

or they just insource alot of foreign workers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

AFAIK it also renews on a one month basis. I first subscribed for 6 months and noticed that it never ran out. Checked my bills and after 6 months it changed to one month auto renewal!! Trying to squeeze extra cash out of people in an unethical way it has to be said.

• Advertisement

ffs, I'm due a call back from a 'supervisor' within 72 hours from last night.

I wanted a refund on my 3 month sub or else have it re.instated given I'd only paid for it 2 weeks previous. Idiots.

Word of advice, use the prepaid cards for XBL...adding your cc details via the 360 is just gonna be grief when you want to stop a sub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

When I was on Live I used to get the mails a week or two before, saying my account was going to be debited (I signed up to the three monthly subs). I got one in Jan and rang a couple of days later to cancel before they took the money. I got an Indian lady but it was a simple job to cancel. All I needed was my email address (I think).

i just checked my mail; I don't have any telling me that my paid subscription was almost up. I only have the free month trial ending/ended email.

Problem is a months sub went off my cc at the end of Jan when it shouldn't have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nope, i dont get any emails from Microsoft about getting charged every month. When i was back in college and had no broadband connection, i was still getting charged, as i had totally forgotten about it. They really should let you know when they are taking money from you.

Got a call back yday on the way home from work from a nice girl Christie.

Got an email with a 3month sub code for having my sub cut short after two weeks. Wouldn't refund the months sub that went off my card and thinking about it after I should have asked for a months sub for that.

Meh, seems to be all good :)

Advertisement