Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML weird characters at top of page

Options
  • 31-07-2007 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

http://www.rcmck.com/about_polish.html

Can someone take a look at this in FF and explain why the weird  characters appear at the top of the page. If I remove all the polish, they disappear, so it's related to that, but I'm not getting the issues on any other polish page on the site (eg http://www.rcmck.com/index.php?l=polish) and it's only happening in FF 2.0.0.5.

They're not in the page I'm ftping (obv) and I've tried ftp'ing as ASCII and binary to no avail. Any help in locating the source of this issue would be appreciated

By the way I have
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;CHARSET=iso-8859-1">

in both files, they only diff is that one is php and one is html, but that surely doesn't matter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

change to

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;CHARSET=UTF-8">

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Ph3n0m wrote:
    change to

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;CHARSET=UTF-8">
    Thanks Phenom. I did have that charset before and I thought it was causing some issues (but it seems not). So why is FF reporting this issue only - or is it just that IE is more forgiving of dumbass developers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Do i really want to answer that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

corblimey wrote:
    IE is more forgiving of dumbass developers :)

By dumbass developers for dumbass developers.

Advertisement