Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of Ireland

Options
  • 31-07-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

while watching the TDF, i spotted a veteran cyclists, before a race, at the back of the group. only because the commentator picked him out. no big deal apparently.

so with the TOI coming soon, is it crazy to hop the fence with my bike, dressed appropriately so that i could join? obviously not competitively, but just to hang back, way back, to enjoy the route from galway to westport. i'm not professional or anything, just wanted to do it for the craic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Off you go.
    A couple of lads did it a few years ago at a mountain top finish in the tour. They hopped the fence and off they went.
    IIRC they were all kitted out in Kelme/eurosport gear and Duffield who was commentating at the time got all excited thinking the eurosport team was going for a stage win until Roche pointed it out to him

Advertisement