Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what were the gardai at this morning

• 31-07-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

hey lads i was stopped on my way to work this morning at 5:20 on the bridge by a lone garda no bike no car nothing, he did the usuall check tax and insurance but then he asked did i have my licence on me which i found strange cos it a first and i,m on the road four years and been stopped at many a check point on me travels, but one of my work colleagues told me he was stopped twice first out by the tower hotel and then again on the bridge! is there someone after escaping from st otterans or something? what do ye think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Maybe there was some sort of fighting up by rubys and all them clubs? They had to give chase to some guys maybe?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nothing unusal about that. I do believe by law you must have your license, even if they dont ask for it. They do check points at various stages throughout the night - I got breathlised over in Ferybank last night by the Traffic Crowd. Often or not, they are down by Rapid Caps (on foot, no cars/bikes) or over by Dominos doing check points.

Its very common for Waterford.

he asked did i have my licence on me which i found strange
    You are required by law to have your licience with you at all times when driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

You are required by law to have your licience with you at all times when driving.
    i always carry my licence anyway just thought it was bit strange and so did my work colleague it was like they were looking for someone in particular

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Your just lucky - nothing unusal. Very common to see check points around Waterford.

Mainly past 11PM tho, so I suppose its around the time people leave the pubs and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Sully wrote:
    Your just lucky - nothing unusal. Very common to see check points around Waterford.

Mainly past 11PM tho, so I suppose its around the time people leave the pubs and stuff.
    suppose so but at 5;20 on a tuesday morning! i came across about twenty of em one monday morning at bout the same time they were on the forecourt of the statoil station on the manor in a circle havin a chat and a laugh, what are we paying our taxes for i ask haha

Advertisement