Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 Astra Trade in Value

Options
  • 31-07-2007 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I currently drive a 06 1.3cdti Astra Life, but am looking to change. I find the engine a little sliggish to be honest. Im looking to switch to a Corolla or an Avensis but Im confused as to how much the car is now worth. On a trade in I was offered 16k which I thought was very low. There are 61k KM on it.
    What should I be looking for if I trade in?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

trade-ins will always get less money than selling privately.
    However, looking at carzone, the prices for the 1.3cdti are all over 18K.
    61k kms on a year old car is a lot which could make it more difficult to shift the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

kbannon wrote:
    trade-ins will always get less money than selling privately.
    However, looking at carzone, the prices for the 1.3cdti are all over 18K.
    61k kms on a year old car is a lot which could make it more difficult to shift the car.

Hi kbannon. Car is 18 months old as I got it at the start of February 06. Im gona see how I get on with the Toyota Garages again. Wouldnt mind going for a 06 Toyota if the price was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm afraid garages don't see the age of a trade-in in months, they measure them in years. So a 2006 car with 61k km is still only a one year old car to them, the same as it is to a potential buyer.

Also isn't the Astra "Life" the entry level model? Irish people have become more fussy when buying second hand cars and tend to avoid base models and instead are willing to spend a little extra to get the middle or top model with more toys as standard. Things like air con or alloy wheels have become a must have accessory for alot of people these days.

Have you gone to more than one dealer for a trade-in price? If that is the best you are getting I would try and sell the car privately. I reckon you will get close to that for it as diesels are always going to be popular. You can then walk into the garage and get a straight deal discount off the new car.

Advertisement